Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 05:43 PM

Christmas present thread?

Hey guys,

My problems have died down a little and due to sucking up to the parents and doing odd jobs I have saved up enough money to buy presents.

However I am only buying for family and the dogs. For teh 6 girls in my family including in laws I am just buying loads of smellies and doing a lucky dip sort of thing - same with the men.

For the dogs - A giant rawhide each and a toy - dunno quite yet.

But I am stuck for my OH's christmas present, I want to get him something extra because he has just been wonderful this year and just deserves something special.

So any ideas?

Men are difficult creatures so I thought if we all put our ideas on one thread - like the Wedding thread we can save money and steal ideas
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:06 PM
They are difficult to buy for
Depending on how much you want to spend, how about a little fish tank like a biorb - they come in different sizes & I think the cheapest small one is around £40.
I bought my hub the medium one for a pressie years ago & the kids bought him the decorations & plastic plants, stones etc..
You can have it as it is with coldwater fish or get a heater for tropical.
It was probably the best gift I ever got him & is still going stong & I still buy him a new thing for it or replacement ornament each year!
All men like fish don't they!
(Didn't get him the fish - he spent Xmas setting it all up & we went & got the fish a few days later, gave him something to play with over Xmas though )
here is ours with Tilly having a snoop
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Thats a good idea, however I aint that rich this christmas lol. It looks really nice though I bought my brother fish last year for his tank - he now doesnt have any lol. It's a thought for another year though Thanks
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:12 PM
How much you got?

What does he like to do?

Does he like music? films?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I've got my OH some new cufflinks.... they are irridescent glass ones, from a craft stall, and range from orange to a dark cherry red depending on the light.

I'm going to get him some new PJ's as well....
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:35 PM
An MP3 player that you could fill with music before wrapping it!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:33 PM
They do some fun stuff on iwantoneofthose ---flying helicopters etc.

Worth checking them out.

rune
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
They do some fun stuff on iwantoneofthose ---flying helicopters etc.

Worth checking them out.

rune
I bought my son's those last year (they are 19 & 23) and they loved them - hub did too
They never really grow out of toys!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Lol he has an ipod already and I hate his music, he's into airsofting and if I had £250 on me - I'd think of better ways to spend it than on a gun to go with his 13 others - Lol.

I was going to get him a toy tank from Amazon but when I asked him what he wants for Christmas he said me - so I may hide the presents and let him sulk a little Nah I'm getting him a brut shower gel set - I love the smell and maybe the toy tank - go to a gadget shop tommorrow see if it's cheaper. And I'm going to treat myself too.

I have around £63 - I'm actually using the money I had saved up for a provisional licence to buy things so I am refusing complaints - it's the thought that counts and the most expense is probably Maya and the Dogs and Adie's present - Mum said not to get her and dad nowt but how can I not.

The hard one is Adie's brother, Mark - He's autistic and although 21, never really grew past the 8 year old child stage. So he is the difficult one to buy for.

The dogs are getting a pedigree christmas cracker each
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Pat's going to think WTF this year.

I have a giant christmas gift bag and I have been getting stuff each week,socks, underpants,smellies,games,books,fun cups,jumper,slippers etc etc., wrapping them individually and popping them in, its half way full.....just another half to go....keep him busy for ages
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >