Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Delicate question re: dogs bits

My lab is nearly 15 weeks...........I have noticed at times his little willy pops out for a few minutes or seconds.

He does not hump anything, just goes about hs normal business.

Should I be watching for things or is this normal and when should I be thinking of getting him neutered?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 01:59 PM
normal boy stuff (just wait for the 'paint' on the lower part of your walls )

If you want to have him neutered then i would say wait till he was fully grown.

lots of pros n cons on neutering have a browse around or am sure someone will be along shortly who can give a more considered response! (dashing to a meeting!)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Sounds perfectly normal Jols just make sure it can and does go back as sometimes they manage to get it stuck out because either hair or the skin of the sheath doubles over making it difficult for his lipstick to retract and it will dry out and irritate him.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 02:25 PM
And sometimes it just happens when a dog is excited (not in a sexual way). I'm often saying to Barney "put your lipstick away" ~ he has absolutely no idea what I mean!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Totally normal behaviour.....
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 03:07 PM
We also say "Put that away" and "I dont want to see that" it's not always a sexual thing. Louie does it when he's sat down doing nothing or when his daddy has food he's not allowed

And wait for the humping - it will come soon, maybe his bed, his toys or even the quilt. Louie has humped my OH's head through the quilt before (He was playing hide and seek with him and Louie decided to mount the lump under the quilt)
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Do they all hump because Theo did the first couple of weeks we had him about 5 times got a severe telling off and has not done it again since...............will it return?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2010, 03:25 PM
No they don't all hump, Syd never has, Diesel never has and Frankie is always at it, usually when the others don't realise what he's doing, with him it's always displaced excitement.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Sounds perfectly normal Jols just make sure it can and does go back as sometimes they manage to get it stuck out because either hair or the skin of the sheath doubles over making it difficult for his lipstick to retract and it will dry out and irritate him.
my first dog jay-jay, a bearded collie cross lhasa apso, (yeah i know) got his willy stuck out he was in a right pickle poor blighter, dont know if dogs get embarrassed but he sure looked it. when me my mum and her friend tried to sort him out
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 08:52 PM
My boys sometimes sit with their lipsticks out and they're both neutered!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >