Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Eye gunk

Hey guys,

Louie has always had lots of sleep, ever since we got him at 8 weeks. We wipe his eyes in a morning and then have to do it several times a day. I know it's not conjunctivitus because I've had a few dogs who have had that before, and it's just plain sleep.

So my question is, could it be something to do with what breeds he has in him? I thought it may be the lab in him but I'm not sure, he'll be going to the vets in a couple of weeks for a check up anyway but thought I'd ask you guys first
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Toby (springer x cocker) always had this too but he appears to have grown out of it
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:00 PM
From the looks fo your profile pic they look simular lol, glad to know he may grow out of it then, thank you
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Bathed in Cold tea 3 times a day should soon clear it up
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Thank you
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Tilly had daily eye bogies for the first year of her life but also seems to have grown out of it now she's nearly 2.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Monty has been getting it quite bad so i popped him into the vets. They put the green dye into his eyes then used their thingy (technical term, lol) to look into his eyes just to make sure he hadn't got any scratches or irritation. I left them gunky on purpose so the vet could see them - it turns out that some dogs just produce more than others and it's nothing to worry about.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you, the first thing I checked for was scratches - using a low power torch and a dark room so I knew there wasnt a scratch. So I'll get the vet to check with his green stuff when he goes for his check up and I'll keep up with the teabags, I've done it the past couple of days and his yes are looking better now
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 05:35 AM
A vet told me many years ago the cold tea is an old wives tale that really works.
I have used it very succesfully over the years on both dogs, cats and horses.