Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 02:40 AM

Secret Santa 2010 - ideas thread

So it has been decided Secret Santa is on again, this time Misty-pup and I will be the official dis-organisers
This thread is for ideas or thoughts on it, just like last year it is a fun based idea and no fighting allowed
Wanting to get an idea on the price limit (if people want they can spend more but not to expect any more than the max price on pressies in return)
Closing date ideas, so people have enough time to shop, wrap, and post their Secret Santa pressies.
After a few things have been sorted we will open another thread to say you can start sending info to us for your SS information.
For those who are new to Dogsey this year and you want to do this, and you wonder how or what to do, feel free to PM us or post questions on here.
If I have missed anything feel free to add info
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Hi all,
I wasn't around this time last year, would love to know more about your secret santa!
Have done this with friends before and it's great fun lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Hello Emma..........so your dis-organising again eh!!!

Last year we did a £5 per dog

I think your closing date going to have to be something like the 18th DEC

Take it your not joining in again I suppose its distance....but pm me your details so we can send you and the doglets a card xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 06:19 AM
A fiver a dog is fine with me - seems about the right level.

Looking forward to it - my two loved their pressies last year
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Good Luck Emma your braver than I doing it a second year running. I will at least after last year really appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.
I think a max of £5 per dog sounds good to me.
I think we will all need to know who we are buying for by end of November to give us time to go out to shops, especially if our recipients have special requirements or things they can't have, then we can get them posted in the first half of December to make sure they arrive ok.
I'm really looking forward to being able to take part with my doggies this year.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Take it your not joining in again I suppose its distance....but pm me your details so we can send you and the doglets a card xxx
Yes me too - I can't believe I don't have your address?? How did that happen Doh!!!

I think if poissible if we can send in our details to you guys by say the beginning of November?

Then know by week beginning 22nd November?

Then that gives us a week or so to think before December and then a couple of weeks MAX in December to get posting??

A fiver a dog sounds good to me

Thanks to you and Misty-pup for organising xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by fayeily View Post
Hi all,
I wasn't around this time last year, would love to know more about your secret santa!
Have done this with friends before and it's great fun lol
Secret Santa, is a bit of fun of Dogsey, it has been done before, last year Madmare and I dis-organised it, but Madmare (aka Bev) is bailing out on me as her dogs are getting pressies this year.
It is fairly simple, just watch out for the thread when it starts, you PM me or Misty pup, with the details required. Such as dogsey name, real name, dogs name/s, if you want to do all your dogs as one or individually - (it is about 5 pounds a dog, but I have no clue how much that is as we use dollars over here ), address, any dislikes or not appropriate gift for your dog (e.g dog has allergies, so a toy will be better), and any other specific info.
Then if you put your dogs in, you get someone elses dog and you buy then a pressie and send it off to them.
It is suppose to be secret, but some have been known to break the rules, but that is okay, they will be punished
The only thing that is something to keep in mind is that if you join in, to be fair on everyone to make sure you send your pressie on to the dog you were allocated otherwise they miss out.
And that is SS in a round about way
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Yes me too - I can't believe I don't have your address?? How did that happen Doh!!!
No I am not joining in, no one loves me imagine the postage fee, it would be more than the pressie
As for not having my address...................I have yours if you joined in last year
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Secret Santa, is a bit of fun of Dogsey, it has been done before, last year Madmare and I dis-organised it, but Madmare (aka Bev) is bailing out on me as her dogs are getting pressies this year.
It is fairly simple, just watch out for the thread when it starts, you PM me or Misty pup, with the details required. Such as dogsey name, real name, dogs name/s, if you want to do all your dogs as one or individually - (it is about 5 pounds a dog, but I have no clue how much that is as we use dollars over here ), address, any dislikes or not appropriate gift for your dog (e.g dog has allergies, so a toy will be better), and any other specific info.
Then if you put your dogs in, you get someone elses dog and you buy then a pressie and send it off to them.
It is suppose to be secret, but some have been known to break the rules, but that is okay, they will be punished
The only thing that is something to keep in mind is that if you join in, to be fair on everyone to make sure you send your pressie on to the dog you were allocated otherwise they miss out.
And that is SS in a round about way
Will definetly be taking part! what a fab idea!
Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out for the thread
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Emma what is your address---my dogs might want to send a thank you card (G)!

rune
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »