Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Raw egg

my dog has just eaten nine raw eggs she managed to get in the cupboard i know a raw egg is good for your dog but is nine ok??

thanks
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd be very alert on how she is as if I remember correctly, the egg white decreases/upsets something important to dogs. (just had a quick look and aparently it's white blood cells).

She should be ok though I would have thought
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2010, 08:00 PM
thanks , she seems fine now ill watch out and see if shes ill if she is ill go to the vets, hope she doesnt get ill from it.

thanks x
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 12:41 PM
slightly off subject... I read somewhere that its good for doggy if you mix in a raw egg with their kibble on occasions?? is this correct?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Vickyd1987 View Post
slightly off subject... I read somewhere that its good for doggy if you mix in a raw egg with their kibble on occasions?? is this correct?
Try giving a raw egg in its shell - its good for calcium and rather amusing watching them work it out mine have them and like them.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Just read this online here http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1659&aid=1030 'Food you should not give your dog and raw eggs was one.
Raw eggs Contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by minx4 View Post
Just read this online here http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1659&aid=1030 'Food you should not give your dog and raw eggs was one.
Raw eggs Contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.
Well this is not what is says on raw websites i've looked at and i know lots of raw feeders on here give them
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Well this is not what is says on raw websites i've looked at and i know lots of raw feeders on here give them
I know what you are saying, but this ignorant person (me) wonders what info is correct, it can all be a bit confusing
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I know what you are saying, but this ignorant person (me) wonders what info is correct, it can all be a bit confusing
There is a raw feeding section on this forum if you want any info its in the group members section and if you go to page 2 there is a thread on raw eggs

I know its confusing sometimes when you get contradicting information
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I know it can get very confusing BUT Im fairly sure that the info even tho on a dog website is actually science based on what raw egg does to humans not dogs... specially seeing as how Sallmonella doesnt affect dogs as their gut is shorter than ours so it passes through before it can do any damage, and their stomach acid is 10x the strength of ours so anything that doesnt pass straight through is very efficiently killed off! Hope that helps.

To the O/P I dont think the eggs should hurt her any I'd just keep an eye for any vomiting or dhyoria, blood in the stool etc. Any of those and straight to the vet but otherwise just try to limit her intake of calcium dor a few days (dunno if you normally feed raw eggs or anything with bone or milk bones.. all of those should be cut out for a few days!) Hope that helps.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >