Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Charity Stall, help?

Hey,

Looking for some thoughts from as many people as poss Im running a charity stall for Oldies Club but this time Im organizing it myself *gulp*! Anyway, I was thinking of ways to try draw crowds into the stall then realized I had a whole forum of doggy lovers. So what would draw you guys in and make u’z want to spend your hard earned cash

I was thinking of possibly doing two tombolas, one with doggy prizes and one with owner prizes since on the last stall I was on there was a lot of people who didn’t own dogs and were disappointed with a doggy prize. But I don’t know if one would be more popular than the other then there’s a whole loads of prizes left at the end What would make uz want to put in for the tombola, any certain prizes?

I’ll have the usual posters, banners and Oldies stock but what I was thinking was taking some of the stories of the dogs available for re-homing and put them on a board for people to read so people see the “real” side of the club. Was going to do a wee speal about Muffin too so people can see there’s still life in an older dog. Do you’s think Id be wasting my time, as people at shows aren’t interested or don’t have the time.

Was thinking of possibly doing some form of guess the weight and possibly face painting too?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.Oh and for those interested its Dogs Trust West Calder the event it, 22nd August Looking forward to it
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
all of the above, plus if you can get someone to make home made dog treats they always go down well, we take success stories for people to read, and information about Nessr and how we work, and the biggest draw dogs, not ones that are up for rehoming, but ours who have been succesfully rehomed
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
A Lucky Dip for Dogs! Get a load of teddies from a charity shop and also some cheap balls. Wrap up - the dogs have fun ripping the paper off.
Bags of Liver Cake?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeh will be making liver cake and probably some home made biscuits too incase som dogs dont like liver cake (unheard of in my house! lol)

Thanks guys any more suggestions would be more than welcome

x
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
We took Joe back to the rescue centre where we got him from as they have regular dog shows etc to raise funds. Anyway, something that was there this year was a trainer/behaviourist who charged £1 for advice any training, problems etc and all money she made went to the charity. She had queues so must of made loads!
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Yeh will be making liver cake and probably some home made biscuits too incase som dogs dont like liver cake (unheard of in my house! lol)

Thanks guys any more suggestions would be more than welcome

x
This is the first thing I look for when we go to any rescue fundraising event. My dogs love liver cakes, I just really hate the smell of it cooking.