Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Clearing up poo in the garden

Okay, now you guys have sorted out my 'which harness' dilemma, perhaps you can help with something else...
How do you keep your garden clear of poo? Or rather, how do you dispose of the poo once you've scooped it?
I have a great claw type scooper from pets at home which picks the poo up nicely, and bought a Good Boy doggy loo like this:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-9123.aspx
but it just seems to bung up. I'm not the best at remembered to flush the thing, which doesn't help, but it doesn't seem to cope with sheer volume of poop!

How do you get rid of your poop in the garden? Any ideas welcome!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh those dog loo's are awful things, I've had one in the past, never again!

I pick mine up as I would when I'm out, with a pedal bin liner (lol, well I have big dogs!), then I put it in a special dustbin which has a big dustbin liner in it, then once a week, I pull out the big dustbin liner, tie it up and put it in my bin for the dustmen - they can take it or leave it! I'm sure this is the usual way?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:15 PM
My dogs never poo in the garden They save it for their walkies - everytime.

Akitas are such a clean breed

They are really feline...Zeke even cleared the fence to runny poo in the neighbours drive one day!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I still have a working outside loo as this is an old house so it gets flushed away.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a little plastic spade with holes in ( I think it's meant to be for cat litter trays!) but I scoop the poop into a bag & put in the dustbin. I keep the spade in a little bucket of water with disinfectant in by the shed so any stuck bits come off with a bit of a swish. I usually change the water in the bucket about once a week.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:25 PM
At our house I usually know when poos are likely (once in the morning and one mid-afternoon). If they are done in the garden I usually get them up with a bag on my hand and then put the poo (but not the bag) down the loo and flush it away. Sometimes they end up in the dustbin (and I make sure they are in a tied off plastic bag - usually a plastic carrier ex-supermarket).
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh those dog loo's are awful things, I've had one in the past, never again!

I pick mine up as I would when I'm out, with a pedal bin liner (lol, well I have big dogs!), then I put it in a special dustbin which has a big dustbin liner in it, then once a week, I pull out the big dustbin liner, tie it up and put it in my bin for the dustmen - they can take it or leave it! I'm sure this is the usual way?
I might have to do that - I could use cheapo nappy bags.
Good idea. Thanks

Akitagirl and ClaireandDaisy-I'm very jealous!
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Now I just have to convince my teenage son to dig out the remaining poo so I can chuck the thing away!!
Good thing I've been so nice to him recently - its pay back time!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:28 PM
We had a dog loo too - and as others have said, never again!

My dog's poo goes into poo bags then into a dustbin with a secure lid. This is emptied weekly and put in with my household rubbish, but don't tell the dustmen!

firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
At our house I usually know when poos are likely (once in the morning and one mid-afternoon). If they are done in the garden I usually get them up with a bag on my hand and then put the poo (but not the bag) down the loo and flush it away. Sometimes they end up in the dustbin (and I make sure they are in a tied off plastic bag - usually a plastic carrier ex-supermarket).
Yes, I could definitely do that.Especially now his poo is more compact!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >