Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 10:29 AM

Kobe limping

Hi

Kobe was limping yesterday on his back right leg, i think maybe he has sprained it being foolish, the other day he was stood on his back paws and his front paws of the ground pawing for treats and he toppled over.

Is there anything i can do tomake it easier for him or will it just be time to heal.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Hi

Kobe was limping yesterday on his back right leg, i think maybe he has sprained it being foolish, the other day he was stood on his back paws and his front paws of the ground pawing for treats and he toppled over.

Is there anything i can do tomake it easier for him or will it just be time to heal.
Hi Samantha have you checked the pad and toes for any sign of a foreign body and gently run your hands over the leg for any signs of swelling/heat/pain .
If all is well I would try to stop Kobi from running around too much and certain from jumping up and see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Dogs like humans sometimes land awkwardly or strain muscles and as long as the dog isn't in a lot of pain (a little pain is ok and the bodies way of preventing overuse and further damage to an affected limb while it heals ) it usually rights itself in a couple of days. If not a trip to the vet may be necessary.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Samantha have you checked the pad and toes for any sign of a foreign body and gently run your hands over the leg for any signs of swelling/heat/pain .
If all is well I would try to stop Kobi from running around too much and certain from jumping up and see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Dogs like humans sometimes land awkwardly or strain muscles and as long as the dog isn't in a lot of pain (a little pain is ok and the bodies way of preventing overuse and further damage to an affected limb while it heals ) it usually rights itself in a couple of days. If not a trip to the vet may be necessary.
Hi

I have run my hands over the top to the bottom of his legs and checked his paws he isnt squealing or seem to be bothered by me touching and still trying to scrounge for treats.

I am trying to stop him from running around, he was banned from going out today with dog walker so is sulking. Like you say i will give him a couple of days and see how he is over the weekend hopefully not a visit to the vets been there too many times lately.