Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ruasmyboy
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2010, 05:08 AM

Should I move the training pad?

hey im new here, i have done lots of reserch but i do have a few questions.

first, my pup is 9 weeks, just got him a few days ago. he is boxer/american bulldog mix. im in love!!!

at the breeders home he did great with the training pads, at my home however its been a bit different!! i keep his training pads under the sink in my bathroom and it doesnt seem to be working there. he doesnt seem to like to go in there, even when i catch him and move him in there he just holds it unless that isnt possible. if i have a pee pad out in our room (where i try to keep him until he is potty trained) he seems to make it there most of the time. im not being imaptient, and i keep my ful attention on him all day long, so should i move the pad? or just keep working on him going there??

lastly, i am in a 1 bedroom apt for the next 6 months till i move to my home, there are a lot of other dogs in this area so until he gets his next few parvo shots i want to keep him inside. he is 9 weeks and only has one paarvo shot due to some complications. he will have his next one saturday
ruasmyboy
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2010, 05:13 AM
sorry, just to add..

the bathroom is fully accesable to him at all times, it is connected to my bed room and the door is always wide open
SomersetWestie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
The puppy pads didn't work for us, she just used to rip them to pieces! We tried sheets of newspapers and she would rip those as well.
As read on this forum, newspaper just seems to confuse the dog more than ever and we took the advice and did away with it altogether. Yay! the house looked tidy again!
More importantly though the puppy now seems to go just in the garden or out on walks apart from the odd isolated accident. You just have to be vigilant and know when the puppy needs to relieve itself.
ruasmyboy
New Member!
Male 

10-02-2010, 07:05 AM
i really wish i could do without the pads! but he is 9 weeks with only his first set of vacintions. its a far walk to the dog area in my apartment complex(not that i mind)and until he is fully vacinated and a little older i dont want to risk letting him go where the other dogs have been. he gets his next set friday. in 6 months i will be in my first home! and i wont have to worry as much. i apreciate the