Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:18 AM

Etta has poorly tummy

This might be too much information if you are squeamish!

She has liquid coming out of her bottom and threw up last nights tea then during the night threw up two bits of soft bony stuff (my fault as she got a fresh marrow bone she shouldn't have had and I left her with it while I had a coffee at a friends house). This morning had solid poo in with runny and also passed fibrous stuff---goodness knows what that was!

So she has had a small handfull of food and I am going to see if it stays down, if the solid hadn't been in there she'd have been straight in to the vet. However the vet nurse and I both thought she might have cleared whatever it was herself----I hope we are right!

She is really subdued but then so am I as we have both been up most of the night.

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Could well be the marrow in the bone was too ritch for her - Mia did the same thing - fibrous stuff could be grass?? She will have sicked up the bone cos she wasnt able to digest it all - gross but perfectly normal for a dog not used to digesting so much bone

Keep a close eye on her - but I am sure she will be fine
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:32 AM
lily did this the other day after i thought i was being a nice mummy and giving them both marrow bones. she brought up all of her dinner (sick 3 times) and was quite subdued also. that was in the afternoon and i gave her a very light tea, a few kibbles and a spoonful of chappie. she was right as rain after that. so no more marrow bones for lilypig!

hope etta is back to normal very soon.xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Not the bones I don't think, she has them all the time so should be OK.Its the sort of soft bone white stuff she sicked up. I picked over the fibre and it wasn't grass, couuld have been disintegrated vet bed though.

She has just had a little very bloody poo--- am about to make an appointment, she is too young to let go for long I think.

She is OK in herself except for being tired. Just had a run with Hannahs crew and raced around after Siren.

rune

rune
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:12 AM
as she's had a bloody poo i think you are right to get her seen by the vet. i hope it's sorted quickly. x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 05:54 PM
She went in this pm and was operated on cause the vet could feel a large lump----it was not a blockage but a very swollen lymph gland which had come up in response to the gut problem. So she has been spayed----not sure about it as a decision as I usually let them have at least one season. However I hate them having to be put under and it will save her going through that again.

She is only 5 and a bit months and I am now thinking I should have waited---I really don't know! Either way its too late now.

rune
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 08:19 PM
oh bless her! sounds like a nightmare day for you both! i'm sure she'll be fine and as you say, she shouldn't go under too many times so this will save her another op and anesthetic.

how's she feeling now?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Well you certainly knew your girl wasn't right, it was a good job you did take her to the vets so quickly.

As for her spaying, although like you, I like the idea of them having a season first, there are plenty that get spayed that young and do just fine. I'm sure it will be better for her not to have to go through two such bigs ops for the sake of waiting a few months, so personally I think you did the right thing.

Hope she's soon home and that she recovers quickly.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:15 PM
She is really uncomfortable and asleep on my lap at the moment. The z bed is ready to be sorted out later as last night was a nightmare on the couch----and I am not leaving her tonight.

I feel really guilty even though common sense says it was the best decision.

She has antibotics and various other tablets tomorrow and has had metacam tonight.

I know she'll be fine in a day or so.

rune
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:49 PM
she will be sore for a little while. i would have done the same in your position and would have been struggling with my decision too! you did the right thing and she will be fine. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >