Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:03 PM

What is wrong with my mouth arghhhh

Ok some of you may remember me having really bad tooth ache with what I thought was my wisdom tooth last year, well recently I had more so went to dentist which is no easy feat as I hate the place since being gassed as a kid, anyway, had a bad tooth. Well I actually had four and it's my own stupid fault for opening bottles with metal caps with my teeth as a teenager (I know I cringe now) as they all were chipped to bits and the dentist asked had I been chewing on rocks, lol, anyway all these years later it's finally came back to bite me on the arris. I have only seen dentists temp when I really needed to for a long time as have been on the waiting list for longer than I care to remember but finally have my own dentist now, so getting it all sorted, needed 2 root canals and 2 regular fillings.

Anyway had a root canal started yesterday, then a temp filling which was meant to last me 'til 27th, well today I was brushing my teeth and, rinse, spit, HALF A TOOTH IN THE SINK. So looks like that one is going to have to come out then I guess? All that work/stress yesterday for nothing? I'm fuming at the evil tooth, never even lasted 24 hours. So have to ring dentist in the morning and get an emergency appointment, it doesn't hurt as all the nerves were removed yesterday thank God but it's razor sharp, so may come away with one less tooth tomorrow, i'm gutted, i'll look like a ruddy pirate at this rate. All for being a stupid teenager eh?

Don't open beer bottles with yer teeth kids, and don't get your tongue pierced twice and your lip as they have ruined all the enamel on my teeth too.

Need to take out a mortgage for all this I think.

So all in all, feeling pretty bleh.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Aw poor Random

My mum had a boyfriend who opened beer bottles with his teeth. He wore a leather jacket and had tattoos. We thought he was so cool

Hope you toothy-pegs feel better soon, it's awful having poorly teeth x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Ok some of you may remember me having really bad tooth ache with what I thought was my wisdom tooth last year, well recently I had more so went to dentist which is no easy feat as I hate the place since being gassed as a kid, anyway, had a bad tooth. Well I actually had four and it's my own stupid fault for opening bottles with metal caps with my teeth as a teenager (I know I cringe now) as they all were chipped to bits and the dentist asked had I been chewing on rocks, lol, anyway all these years later it's finally came back to bite me on the arris. I have only seen dentists temp when I really needed to for a long time as have been on the waiting list for longer than I care to remember but finally have my own dentist now, so getting it all sorted, needed 2 root canals and 2 regular fillings.

Anyway had a root canal started yesterday, then a temp filling which was meant to last me 'til 27th, well today I was brushing my teeth and, rinse, spit, HALF A TOOTH IN THE SINK. So looks like that one is going to have to come out then I guess? All that work/stress yesterday for nothing? I'm fuming at the evil tooth, never even lasted 24 hours. So have to ring dentist in the morning and get an emergency appointment, it doesn't hurt as all the nerves were removed yesterday thank God but it's razor sharp, so may come away with one less tooth tomorrow, i'm gutted, i'll look like a ruddy pirate at this rate. All for being a stupid teenager eh?

Don't open beer bottles with yer teeth kids, and don't get your tongue pierced twice and your lip as they have ruined all the enamel on my teeth too.

Need to take out a mortgage for all this I think.

So all in all, feeling pretty bleh.
Kel if the tooth has broken off and the nerve removed he should be able to put a crown with a post in it's place for you.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Aw poor Random

My mum had a boyfriend who opened beer bottles with his teeth. He wore a leather jacket and had tattoos. We thought he was so cool

Hope you toothy-pegs feel better soon, it's awful having poorly teeth x
Thanks, I thought I was really cool! I was a bit of a goth it has to be said, but it was my party trick and we had a lot of parties. Seems obvious now that teeth are not made to be bottle openers!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Now a hundred years ago you`d have had them all pulled out as a young woman anyway `to save trouble later`!
I`m terrified of dentists since a bad experience with one so you`re a lot braver than me. And I`m really really glad I never was a beer drinker.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Kel if the tooth has broken off and the nerve removed he should be able to put a crown with a post in it's place for you.
Ohhh really, I do hope so, i'm paranoid about having teeth missing, I have nightmares all the time that all my teeth fall out. Oh that's made me feel a bit better, I never thought it was fixable. Will update tomorrow anyway when i've had it looked at. Thanks. x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Now a hundred years ago you`d have had them all pulled out as a young woman anyway `to save trouble later`!
I`m terrified of dentists since a bad experience with one so you`re a lot braver than me. And I`m really really glad I never was a beer drinker.
Haha that reminds me, when I first had the tooth ache I went to an emergency dentist as it was a saturday and it was like a joke shop. All the equiptment was broken and the compressor wouldn't work so they couldn't fill it for me, then they wanted to give me antibiotics but the prescriptions were missing and I had to wait about for ages while they rang other people to see where they were. The guy was from somewhere abroad, no idea where but I didn't understand a word and neither did the nurses,he sounded like that dodgy doctor off The Simpsons!

Anyway while I was waiting I txt my pal who said i'd end up coming home with wooden teeth like in the dark ages, I was terrified!

I hate the dentist too with a passion, I can't relax on the chair I have my legs out stiff, they must think i'm hilarious but I had to go in the end it was unbareable, I hadn't slept in 48 hours when I finally went.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Depends on how much is missing, they may be able to use a white filling and shape it. I've had that done when I lost a piece of tooth. Have also had a crown too. There's lots they can do nowadays
If he's an NHS dentist I think there's a £200 limit on what they can charge for any course of treatment.

Anyway, sending you good vibes for tomorrow. xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Sounds like you could have a crown on the broken tooth. I've had crown on broken teeth & they feel much better than heavily filled. I recently got myself a new NHS dentist as with my previous one I was private & then he decided he could only treat the kids private too when I was asking could I go NHS as I'd lost my job. The cost for the crown was a stupid amount - yet at the new NHS dentist I had the crown done & a tooth extracted & they cannot charge you any more than £198. I was over the moon!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Sounds like you could have a crown on the broken tooth. I've had crown on broken teeth & they feel much better than heavily filled. I recently got myself a new NHS dentist as with my previous one I was private & then he decided he could only treat the kids private too when I was asking could I go NHS as I'd lost my job. The cost for the crown was a stupid amount - yet at the new NHS dentist I had the crown done & a tooth extracted & they cannot charge you any more than £198. I was over the moon!!!
Ohhhhh that sounds great then and a bit of a relief, I had no idea they couldn't charge you more than that! Is that per tooth then or would that be for them all???? Considering if I can get a crown on this one, i'd also still need a root canal and 2 fillings and I want them white fillings not mercury as i'm fussy like that!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >