Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2009, 08:22 PM

How long do your dogs toys last?

Bought our two a couple of supposedly 'tough toys for tough chewers' from PaH last night.

They lasted 20 minutes.

Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2009, 11:25 PM
I think many of our Nylabones last several years with a new puppy every year. Small ones need to be put up as the puppy grows. Gumabones tend to be a special treat only for when we have the puppy out in public. Last year, we bought Xanthe a large Gumabone dental ball in early April. After being at a convention the whold last weekend, it reached the discard size. We then purchased a Hercules size Rainbow. It lasted into August, and the second one was only a 1/3 gone when she left for dog guide school in mid September. Dogs can't destroy bigger toys as quickly. Beware of Nylabones they can get in the back of their mouth. They can crack a molar.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 07:46 AM
With mine it depends what type of toy.

Anything soft/fluffy - the guts are ripped out in a seconds.

Rubber balls and such last forever (because they don't really like them )

Squeeky toys - more likely to be destroyed by OH to stop the noise than by any of the dogs
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-07-2009, 07:56 AM
How long does it take to unwrap it, give it to the dog and put the wrapper in the bin . . . ??? well that usually how long it takes for Sasha to destroy these indestructable Toys . . . .

x x x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Penry View Post
How long does it take to unwrap it, give it to the dog and put the wrapper in the bin . . . ??? well that usually how long it takes for Sasha to destroy these indestructable Toys . . . .

x x x
What you unwrap them

Thats the best part for my two...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 08:56 AM
about 2 minutes!! Tilly's kong wubba has lasted a while though the balls inside are burst, the rest of the toy is still intact!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 09:11 AM
i posted a thread like this a couple of days ago. there seems to be no toys out there that my dogs wont destroy. the only ones that last are the ones they dont really like. 2 papillons and the crested so yes they are small but god help me if i can find a toy (other than kongs) that last more than 10 minutes!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Mine still have toys from when they were pups....one is 11 this year and the other 4. Nothing is destroyed and they play with them regularly.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 09:45 AM
About 20 seconds...

Although i only have praise for the black kongs that we bought they are the only thing that has not been totally destroyed. Phil can peel a tennis ball within approx 1 mili-second!
Lew
New Member!
Male 

24-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I buy my dog the kong chewing toys they cost approx £18.00 but last a month or two.

You can get them at nearly all pet shops, well worth the money.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >