Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 03:41 PM

what a day...!

let me explain why

tuesday my boss says to me i may need you for overtime... i'll let you know(this was overtime for thurs-today and tomorow)! she didnt get back to me until yesterday when she told me i was working overtime....

so did the overtime today and left my dogs for longer than i felt comfortable.... i felt awful... so i went in today and told my supervisor that under no circumstances shall i be doing overtime this week or the planned next week - 1. i cant do it as my dogs are on their own too long and 2. i will not be told i will do overtime i will take it if i want it....

so i think ive just proved how much i love my dogs as this is heading for a verbal me thinks......

oh and the second wonderful incident just puts my faith back into people *not* -
was stood in the pharmacy waiting to hand my ticket thing in for a perscription... and these 2 70+ ladies barged past me and said "excuse me i am wanting to get to the till.." but quite nastily... after the day i had i kept shut as i knew i would be rude... and frankly i respect people - especially elders lol - more to say that

any tips on how to handle my boss on tues (shes away till then)! grately recieved.....as i dont believe i should get averbal warning for refusing overtime which i never agreed to but the supervisor i think rung the boss at home to tell her about this..................

i give up
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 04:00 PM
much depends on what is says on your contract re: overtime
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 05:01 PM
etchancge... yes i do... need to sign n send back - think i shall ddo that this weekend

regarding hours - im contracted to x amount - i dont think i have a clause on overtime etc..... jsut do my hours end of

they ask for flexibility.... i have bent over backwards to help them out :s
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
etchancge... yes i do... need to sign n send back - think i shall ddo that this weekend

regarding hours - im contracted to x amount - i dont think i have a clause on overtime etc..... jsut do my hours end of

they ask for flexibility.... i have bent over backwards to help them out :s
pml, yup tell them you cant do OT as it would interupt your yoga lesson, thus altering your flexability lol

but seriously, check your contract....try to stick with it, then your in the clear.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Unless overtime is compulsory in your CoE, you cannot get a warning for refusing to work OT & you can pick & chose if you accept offered OT.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
pml, yup tell them you cant do OT as it would interupt your yoga lesson, thus altering your flexability lol

but seriously, check your contract....try to stick with it, then your in the clear.

i only couldnt work the hours as i think more of my dogs than the job.....

i could do wiht the extra money if im honest... but i refuse to earn extra money and my dogs being put out!!!!

will check the contract......