Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:16 PM

my daughters friend

just had a call from my daughter, she has a friend who has 5 dogs. 5 or 6 cats. plus 2 little kids.
now this girl 1 of her dogs is a springer spaniel 10 months old. totally out of control. and this pup has attacked 1 of the cats . the cat was pregnant as well. so the cats lost her kittens and she is in a bad way.
so this friend of my daughters has asked my daughter 1 would she want the dog. (and pay her 300-00) my daughter said no thanx. she lives in the middle of london. nearest big space is hampstead heath. 2 bus rides away. so then she says what about your mum. er no sorry i have a dog. plus 2 cats.
and then she wanted me to ask would any of u want the dog. 300-00. sorry no.
i suggested she gets in touch with a rescue place explain whats happened and see if they can help.
but IMO she shouldnt have all them dogs and cats. and kids. the dogs are not even basically trained. they do their *biz* where ever they wish. the cats are up all over the worktops. ive got cats. and they are not allowed up on the sides. apparently her place is a right mess.
luckily shes not a close friend of my daughters.
sorry bit of a moan. but just wanted to tell u all.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Well shes got a bit a cheek asking for £300 quid when she wants the dog taken off her hands. Why have 5 dogs she obviously can't cope with them, not surprised if none of them are trained either, sounds like a delightful environment to bring kids up in ! i just don't get people sometimes
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I hope she does the right thing by the dog, and not just dumps it off on anybody! I hope she also takes your advice and contacts the rescue centre x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I feel sorry for the kids and the animals involved. It can't be nice to not know where you ahve to clean poop up from if they do it anywhere and it must be horrendous for the kids to knwo abou, or worse, seen the dog attack the cat and the subsequent consequences of that.

I take it she was intending to sell the kittens?

It's such a shame for all concerned (I mean the animals and kids not your daughter's friend - sorry).

Laura xx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
from what ive heard the place is a right tip. smells of urine BLUEGH. not nice for the kids or the animals. why she has to have so many i dont know.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi,

Maybe she just can't cope with that many animals but can't see it herself. Sometimes it does take an "outsider" so to speak to state the obvious before we realise things at times.

Although TBH she could at least keep her house clean, at least for her kids' sakes. my house gets really untidy at times wiht the dogs, their toys, my Son, his toys etc but it's always clean. And sometimes I do tidy up!! But fo rit to smell of urine is trerible.

What does the local authority say? Environmental/Public Health may be interested (whether private or Council owned),. I'd be surprised if there weren't any complaints from the neighbours, possibly due to noise if the dogs bark excessively but certainly because of the smell. After all it's getting warmer, so it's only going to get worse.

Is it worth reporting her? I don't mean for her to get into trouble if she clearly cant' cope. But so that the animals can be rehomed.

Laura xx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
i cant personally report her as im not sure where she lives. and if my daughter did it,especially if she said about the up-stairs being in a mess, the woman would know it was my daughter.then all the probs would start.
its a tricky situation. i just hope that this woman doesnt find some-one to buy/take the dog and neglects to tell them about what he had done to the cat. she would have to tell the truth.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
For God's sake!!

Please, please tell her to call The Blue Cross. The animal hospital in Victoria will take him in, then he can be re-homed with a decent family!!

Please tell your daughter not to give up on this.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
For God's sake!!

Please, please tell her to call The Blue Cross. The animal hospital in Victoria will take him in, then he can be re-homed with a decent family!!

Please tell your daughter not to give up on this.
im seeing my daughter 2morow so ill tell her.
thanx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
OK, let me know how it goes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >