View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Linda & Denise, JRT's need home together!

Linda and Denise were found stray before Christmas together. We think they are mother and daughter; certainly they are inseparable. Linda is around 7-9 yrs old and is bigger, 15" to the shoulder, cream and fawn, wire-haired, but not non-moult. Denise is 2-3 yrs old; cream and black and a titch, about 13" to the shoulder. They have both just been spayed, but Linda was found to have complications in her spay which made it a more involved op. than usual. They are both in good health and recovered well and we are now vaccinating them. We are delighted to say they are now out of kennels and proved themselves wonderful in their foster home. They are living with 2 young children who are respectful. They are great when left and housetrained providing they are invited into the garden. They walk nicely on leads on their walks, again Denise the more spirited of the two!

Two beautiful Jack Russells who live in harmony and are devoted to one another. They are easy dogs for terrier people .. but Denise is spirited and will not tolerate a cat or small furries in the house or her garden! They can be left for 3-4 hour periods. We are looking to home these gorgeous dogs together with a family who will recognise they have won the lottery by winning them!

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Awwwwwwwww they look adorable. I pray that a home can be found for them both (together as you say) best of luck to the two of them. Someone will be very lucky with those two xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:23 AM
how gorgeous they are
Hope and pray they get that forever home quickly. x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:53 AM
How sweet are they, hopefully they are in their forever home soon
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-02-2009, 04:57 PM
A lovely new photo … aren’t they gorgeous?!!!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Heres Linda …

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Here is an unedited update from our forum and Linda & Denise’s foster mummy – they are still looking for a forever home together ...

“Well what can I say ... Linda (and Denise) have been with us for a week now - and what a week

If you are considering Linda, dont read this unless you will take Denise too - as boy do these two come as a (perfectly wrapped) package. Totally devoted to each other - to the extent that they have to swap food bowls over half way through dinner... - they really are a comedy duo.

Loving every minute of time I spend with these girls, - my cheeks are hurting from smiling so much :P

Leaving aside how Chris and I have totally fallen in love with Linda (and Denise) let me give you an honest appraisal of how she has been during the week she has spent with a pair of novices. - (guess you can tell that given we don’t know much but we know we love her that she has done pretty blinking well)...

Linda is much calmer - and yes I suppose more shy - than Denise. But very much her own girl - just not as desperate for centre stage – doesn’t need it as she knows you adore her just as she is.

She may be an older girl but certainly gives Denise a run for her money round the garden and loves the kong fetch game too. (loves the kong filled with treats game even more though! )

great on lead apart from a fascination with passer-bys legs- thinks it’s a game of chase - but totally well meant and stopped the moment we told her that it wasn’t a fun game for anyone else

Spent last night in a room with five adults and one four year old - and lapped the attention up :P She has a lovely quizzical look on her face when she hears a new noise - waiting for you to let her know what to do....

Great as she and Denise are (and boy are the two of them fab), only fair to tell you that they do like to chew things when left alone - easily solved by making sure nothing worth chewing is left in prime positions ( I think Linda loves that Denise takes the fall for the high jinx and sniggers to herself thinking I am her Mum where do you think she gets these genes ) but hey if they are the only real "issues" a newbie has found then I guess you could say they are as close a perfect package as there could ever be.
Denise and Linda are so devoted to each other, it warms your heart to see them curled up asleep snuggled together.

Chris and I have never owned a dog before so given that we have fostered Denise and Linda for a week and haven’t been phased or felt it was more difficult than one dog I think this says a lot about how loving and willing to please these two lovely girls are. Totally, totally, squeezable, kissable and just utterly ready to settle down to their forever home. Totally confused really as to why they haven’t been snapped up - although I am guessing (and hoping) my "these dogs are perfect" post my well change things.

Anybody wants to ask any questions about them please just let me know – can’t stop talking about them

Will post a mid week update - if they haven’t been snapped up already that it
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Our girls are famous as celebrity lookalikes - they are in The Sun Online and there should be a small piece in The Sun Newspaper tomorrow!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...5.ece?offset=8
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 07:27 AM
oh my - they're still waiting?
I really hope the newspaper bit does the trick and finds them a great forever home x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Fingers crossed that they find thier forever home XXXXXXX
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >