Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:59 AM

M&S - Axa Insurance

We have had our buildings/contents insurance with M&S for many years now, paying monthly by DD on the 20th of every month.

M&S are now under written by AXA, in January we had a letter explaing about AXA etc. and that DD's would continue the same way as they did with M&S and monies would be taken from our account on the 20th or just after each month.

Yesterday I had a bit of a shock, knowing I was going to be paid today (9th) when I checked our bank account I found out we were OVERDRAWN!! Something we haven't been for many years, when I checked AXA had taken 3 months payments in one go!! - which was rather embarrassing for OH as he needed fuel for the car!! - we don't have credit cards.

When I called Axa this morning, they said for some reason the payment didn't come out in Feb (they didn't call for it) and so payments needed to be a month ahead, so took 3 months in one go.....when I asked about payment dates and that I had a letter showing the agreed date of 20th or after, they said they had no copies and could I send the letter to them.

I just hope they can get this sorted out ASAP, as I don't appreciate having bank charges......thankfully it was only one day as my wages went in this morning, but still £30 I certainly WON'T be dealing with them next time, plus the payments are £12 a month more than last year!!

The poor girl on the phone tried her best, but they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
We have had our buildings/contents insurance with M&S for many years now, paying monthly by DD on the 20th of every month.

M&S are now under written by AXA, in January we had a letter explaing about AXA etc. and that DD's would continue the same way as they did with M&S and monies would be taken from our account on the 20th or just after each month.

Yesterday I had a bit of a shock, knowing I was going to be paid today (9th) when I checked our bank account I found out we were OVERDRAWN!! Something we haven't been for many years, when I checked AXA had taken 3 months payments in one go!! - which was rather embarrassing for OH as he needed fuel for the car!! - we don't have credit cards.

When I called Axa this morning, they said for some reason the payment didn't come out in Feb (they didn't call for it) and so payments needed to be a month ahead, so took 3 months in one go.....when I asked about payment dates and that I had a letter showing the agreed date of 20th or after, they said they had no copies and could I send the letter to them.

I just hope they can get this sorted out ASAP, as I don't appreciate having bank charges......thankfully it was only one day as my wages went in this morning, but still £30 I certainly WON'T be dealing with them next time, plus the payments are £12 a month more than last year!!

The poor girl on the phone tried her best, but they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!
Firstly, M&S have been underwritten by AXA since at least 4 years ago.

Secondly, but most importantly, they DO keep records of when the payments are to be taken out. It is stored automatically on their system.

Also, from their withdrawing of the extra monies, if you send a copy of your Bank statement with the charge, they will refund it as it is their fault.

(I used to work for the brokers to them)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:40 AM
The accompanying letter I had with my re-newal said 'we have changed our Insurer to AXA Insurance UK' this means you will have a new M&S Insurance policy from Feb 2009
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
The accompanying letter I had with my re-newal said 'we have changed our Insurer to AXA Insurance UK' this means you will have a new M&S Insurance policy from Feb 2009
That is really strange as when I worked for them (2005/2006) they were underwritten by AXA then. Wonder whether AXA have changed their name.

Anyhow lol. Back onto topic hehe. Please contact their manager in accounts to get a refund of your Bank charges.