Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:39 AM

Advert in Paper

Daily Record today, English Bull Terrier puppies for sale...DL registered, decided to phone it cause I'm a nosey bisom, Dl I asked whats that, mand replies Dog Lovers Club registered what chance have we got ?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Give up
Elaine
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:41 AM
LOL, I shouldn't laugh but how pathetic is that!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 03:02 PM
It's really ridiculous. I just don't see the point in it at all.

The thing is, although I believe the KC could be doing a lot more for pedigree dogs, at least they have a purpose - recording purebred lines to preserve breeds and allow them to be exhibited. The DLRC exists purely to to make money - what do they do in return? Organise events? Keep detailled archives and records? Fund research into disease? Run a charitable trust? Or do they just photocopy a little certificate, take people's money and,well.. that's it?

Anyway, any records they may keep have no relevance - the dogs don't even have to be registered in the first place, so what good does it serve? Allows puppy farmers to confuse people into paying more money for 'registered dogs'? What's the point in registering a dog 'just because'? They knock showing (on the first page of their site), but fail to realise the link between KC registration and showing.. if you don't care about showing or genrations of purebred lines, why register a dog at all? It's just daft and pointless.

It's bad, but Dogsey has slipped to 4th when you search google for "DLRC".. and it really far down on the list when you search for "Dog Lovers Registration Club".. how can we change that?!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 03:12 PM
So there is actually such a thing, jeese, just crazy !
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2009, 03:31 PM
wow didnt even know there was such a think , but yep, with the help of google "dog lovers club" they tell you that you can register almost anything, litters, single dogs, and can in turn advertise your puppies as DLRC registered
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 06:37 PM
You send them in a pedigree and they register your dog....as whatever you say you want it registered as!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 06:44 PM
So they will register pedigree dogs even though the original breeder may have put breeding restrictions on it for whatever reason.

I hope the GP aren't fooled by this backdoor registration, these dogs could be anything to anything.
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2009, 07:04 PM
DLCR has been going for many years...'invented' by infamous puppy superstore so they could sell their pups 'with papers' but to the avarage GP they wouldnt know the differnce between this and KC reg...
apparently they do affixes now