View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:05 PM

Please Read this email about a puppy and Tell me what you think.

My Daughter emailed someone on a adds site about an American Cocker Spaniel Puppy. she received this reply......

Nice reading from you regarding our puppies. All our puppies are 12weeks of age and their genders are 2males and 2 females . They have had all their Jabs , Vet checked with Health guarantee of 12 months, raised and well domesticated in our home children and other home pets . They are going to fill your home with lot of love and happiness. They will be coming with their health papers like Health guarantee , vaccination papers , play toys and puppy package .They have very similar characteristics so am just looking for loving homes to send them into because of to much work and time so due to this , can't take very good care of them since i am so busy with my new Job which make me to travel from one city to another and now we are in the Fort William a small town in the northern Scotland for work reasons,and we will spend some time at work and i have realized the work is too much and i will have less time to care for the babies, so that is the reason why i have decided to place them for people who needs them and are prepared to take very good care of them the way i have been doing . So i had to place them on Free and fast re homing for people who needs them and can take very good care of them and since i have limited time and now in Fort William which is a long distance to drive so if you do love the puppies and the distance is too far for you to drive then the puppy will be delivered to you and this will be very fast and less expensive and very comfortable for the puppy sine the delivery will be SPECIAL HOME DELIVERY , the delivery agents will take good care of the puppy during delivery period , they will watered and feed the puppy delivery the delivery period if need be .So for the delivery and the puppy all you need to pay is just 200pounds and nothing more than that and this will be paid directly to the delivery service we will be using .First, i will like to asked you some question and will be very pleased if you can answer me, my main reason for these question is for confirmation for a very good home for my puppies because they are very special puppies , and i will want them to go only to pets loving homes not to breeders so the questions are as follows
Do you have people at home to take care of the puppy when you are around ?
Are you adopting the puppy to sell or just as a pet ?
Also i will need to you to send me updated pictures of the puppy as he/she grows in your home so that i know they are doing well ; this i mean after you receive the puppy .

Sorry for all these questions,but just that i want to be confident where my puppies are going to i repeat .I will as well need your details to arrange for the Delivery and you will be responsible just to pay a total fee of £200.00 for a single puppy to be Delivered at your home address and this will cost the puppy and the delivery fee and that's all what you need to pay for you to get the puppy delivered at your home So provide me with the following so that i can take it to the delivery agency and arrange for the delivery of the puppies so do provide me with this information and the sex of puppy you need

Full Names---------------
Home Address-------------
Postcode-----------------
City----------------------
County-----------------
Land Line---------------
Mobile line-----------

As soon as i receive the answers to my questions and the delivery details,i will immediately contact the delivery service with your details and the puppy you need there for them to register the puppy for delivery to your home and they will provide you with the exact time the puppy will be at your home .Your full delivery details will be clipped onto the crate in which the puppy will be in to avoid any delivery mistake .
Thanks
apart from the fact you don't get to see the Puppy with the Mum and siblings
does this stink of Puppy farm to any one it does me
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Puppy farm or complete scam. Stay way clear imo
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Luchi View Post
Puppy farm or complete scam. Stay way clear imo
i was thinking scam too but they don't ask for money up front!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Not so much puppy farmer bells ringing, more like scammer alert to me.

There are a lot of ad's like that on the free sites, advertising puppies for free, or very cheap and then claim that the puppies will be delivered. What happens is that the person thinks they are getting a cheap puppy but in reality there is no puppies.

Most ad sites have a way of reporting these type of adverts.

edited to add... they get people to think it's real by not asking for cash up front, but if you were to say you was interested in the puppy, you would probally get an email from them saying they needed £200 sent by money order to arrange for the shipping/delivery company.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Not so much puppy farmer bells ringing, more like scammer alert to me.

There are a lot of ad's like that on the free sites, advertising puppies for free, or very cheap and then claim that the puppies will be delivered. What happens is that the person thinks they are getting a cheap puppy but in reality there is no puppies.

Most ad sites have a way of reporting these type of adverts.
but these people dont know where I live for all they know I could live in fort william too and just go pick one up?
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Ahhh but if you say you live in fort william I bet they would make up some excuse

Here is a link for another scam that uses fort william as it's fictional base http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcounc...9-02-10-03.htm
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Contact them back, say you live in Fort William, and can come see the pups. You will get your answer. I have read the email again, there are no pups. Don't go there!!

I know you say they have not asked for the money up front, Not yet!! They will do. It is definitely a scam.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Bugzy, just saw your post, beat me to it
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:41 PM
DEFINITE scam.
I have applied to some ads like these out of curiosity, and had the same reply back virtually word for word.

Think I have some saved if you'd like me to quote?

ETA: Play along. Then say you wish to meet the pups' mother and the seller first (not unreasonable) and you will be up near Fort William in two days' time on holiday, as you have family nearby.... how exciting..... the seller is so near!

I'll bet you £5 and the left hind leg of a pedigree Cocker the seller says that's not possible and/or he has suddenly had to move to Northern Ireland/Shetlands/Isle of Wight at no notice due to taking a new job or his 'mother' has died.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Reads like a scam to me!! Their questions make no sense! and its not a typical pup advert not even for a puppy farmer
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »