Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2005, 05:48 PM

Not good...

Yesterday morning,i took Vegas to the country park like i do every sunday and noticed while driving up the road-there was a few Police cars about,but never thought much of it cause their headquarters is only 1/2mile away...

After getting Vegas out of the car in the carpark,i noticed a Police car driving down to where the cafe/information centre is,but again thought vandals had been about and they were investigating...

But,after watching the local news late last night while in bed-it turns out someone was found dead laying in the middle of the road in the housing estate nearby at 5.30am.Local news this morning said that someone has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a young man.

I dont live in the town where this happened (i live 5 miles away in a much smaller town),but always regarded this place as 'pretty safe'.

Is this the sign of our times when things like this happen in sleepy towns???
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 05:56 PM
How awful
Whats worrying is some people you talk to wont be shocked, it happens so much, it becomes 'normal' very sad
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 05:58 PM
That's horrible Steve, like Gems said, it's becoming the norm now though isn't it?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 05:59 PM
That is sad

Unfortunately it is becoming 'the norm' these days and nowhere is safe
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm afraid this is a sign of the times, and I agree that these days people tend not to be shocked by this type of thing. I live near Nottingham, the gun crime capital of Britain, and my daughter (who is 11) came home from school yesterday calling it Shottingham. If we don't change our ways then all our children will become desensitised to violence, and actually think violent behaviour is the norm. What kind of world will we have then? Makes me shiver to think.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 06:07 PM
it happens everywhere now and whats really bad is you only hear the ones that make it on to the news i bet there are many more
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 06:39 PM
and a nice boy killed on the eve of his eighteenth birthday in Taunton - beaten (?kicked) to death.
I'm so glad my children are grown up and I'm rather glad at times that I have no grandchildren.
How can we be rearing a cadre of young people who think life is so cheap.......................?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
How can we be rearing a cadre of young people who think life is so cheap.......................?
This just about sums up everything unfortunately.

This town isnt without its problems,but murder is something which i dont ever remember happening before and i've lived round here all my life.
SusanW
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2005, 08:34 PM
This is just the way life is now . I live only 3 miles from where Rory was killed and as I have 2 yound kids, we were all scared to death. Just hope the goverment do something quick or we might be hearing guns more often in murders.
mari
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Afraid so Steve no place safe those days
Mari
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >