Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:16 PM

My poor niece.

My parents have taken my two nieces (there grandchildren) away in the caravan this weekend to Whitley Bay. Due to my present situation I thought I'd go up today to see them as it's only 50 miles from where I live and at the mo can't stand to be in the house alone for long!
So I went up this morning with the 2 pooches and we decided to all go to the beach while it was nice. (And for once it was a dog friendly beach!! ) Of course because of the novelty the kids wanted to be in my car so I had two dogs and two kids in my little 206!!!

Anyway we all had a nice time and and decided on fish and chips for tea. On this site visitors have to park outside so my parents drove in and I had the task of getting all canines and children out of my ickle car. Maia (6) shot out of the car like lightening so that by the time I got Lily out (3) she'd disappeared!! Lily, bless, was half asleep and started to wander off. So I shouted to her to make sure she knew where she was going, she said she did (I asked her 3 times!) and as it was only round the corner thought she would be ok.

Anyway I eventually got my two out and got to the van and we all heard this crying.......................it was Lily she'd gone to the wrong van and was panic stricken!!!! Poor kid I feel so awful she must've got such a shock!!!!
I really did feel like I was responsible and to make matters worse I had a bit of a go at my parents for disappearing and leaving me with half the family to deal with on my own!!

Bless her she got over it eventually, just before I left. God I'm never having kids, it's such a nightmare how do you people cope!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Aww bless her
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:20 PM
aww no, not your fault thou hun!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-06-2005, 11:21 PM
as long as she is OK I dont know how I cope motherly instinct must take over when it comes to children.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

18-06-2005, 11:21 PM
awh your poor niece - I don't know how people cope with the responsibility either - I don't think I could ever do it - I would probably leave them some where by accident and forget where I left them!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 11:22 PM
awww poor little niece

RobK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-06-2005, 05:27 AM
ROTFL!!! Like Carole said instincts take over!!

Emm You wouldn't leave your kids behind anywhere trust me. The minute you hold your child for the first time your entire attitude on life changes!! I was very young when my Daughter was born and if I had my life to do over again I wouldn't change a thing!! I did however have similar fears when my OH was pregnant. The minute I saw her I knew what to do!! I cant explain it I just knew.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
awh your poor niece - I don't know how people cope with the responsibility either - I don't think I could ever do it - I would probably leave them some where by accident and forget where I left them!
That sounds familiar, and RobK, definitely not true!
When I was a baby, mum and dad went shopping, I was in the trolley. Mum thought that dad had me, and dad wasn't used to being 'dad' (I was their first) so forgot he had a baby (not sure how you do that!) and left the trolley with me in on one of the isles, he went walking back to mum and she got all panicky 'where's Charlotte??????'

Hahaha! Couldn't forget he had me now, I don't give him chance!
RobK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-06-2005, 07:46 AM
I Must be crazy then for sure!!! I'm ultra protective of my Kids my Daughter is now 13 and I'm having a real hard time with it!! I bought her a cell phone last year. I really do need mental help!! If you dont belive me just ask my OH LOL!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 08:30 AM
lol I can understand that. Believe you me, my dad cannot forget my sister or me now. He's very protective as well. I'm 17 now and he was trying to ask my mum the other day if I was sleeping with my boyfriend, he's very worried as my boyfriend will be 21 in July!
My sister has got to 15 (just you wait, you think 13 is bad). I was ill through my teenage years so grew up pretty quick without all the teenage rebellion but my sister is making up for that! And my dad knows about it!

My mum, on the other hand, is very protective in different ways but not as bad as my dad! I'm more friends with my mum but to my dad, I'm daddy's little princess, the eldest, you know, growing up too fast.

Hehe, They didn't forget me again after that believe me!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >