View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Which Doggie dental products do you use?

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking into dental care products for dogs. What do you use? Which pastes? Which style of brush? Traditional or finger?

Raw Bones and the chew toys just aren't cutting it, and one of my dogs is getting a build up of tartar on 3 back teeth (all on one side). The teeth themselves are stable and the gum look good. All other teeth are normal and healthy.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
Hi Guys,

I am currently looking into dental care products for dogs. What do you use? Which pastes? Which style of brush? Traditional or finger?

Raw Bones and the chew toys just aren't cutting it, and one of my dogs is getting a build up of tartar on 3 back teeth (all on one side). The teeth themselves are stable and the gum look good. All other teeth are normal and healthy.
plaque off worked very well with mine. cheaper from pets at home, than the vet. don't use cheap substites though. false economy. good luck.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Chicken wings every morning have always worked for my lot.
ailsas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I bought Plaque off and it didn't work for my boy, there was no difference in his teeth at all.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2012, 12:16 PM
My boy loves rawhide and porkhide, it seemed to work well for him. He also gets raw T-Bones, which help. Now that he's nearly 15 years old, his teeth are no longer any good but even when he was up after 10 and 11, his teeth looked great. Breath Buster treats By Milkbone every now and then helps my moms dog Jade kick some of that doggy breath. Beware: They contain menthol and some dogs hate them, like my boy...
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2012, 12:23 PM
poppy is given a rawhide chew every night, they sometimes last her a couple of weeks before she finally decides to stop playing with them & actually eats them. she also loves toys she can chew like kongs.
tiger chews on toys quite a lot & has a dentastix on a night
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Do you have a Morrisons near you? I find that raw pork rolls they sell for crackling take ages for the dogs to consume. Pork skin is really tough and chewy, so their teeth get a really good, but gentle, clean.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I only use bones for mine, and my 3 year old has fabulous teeth. I find chicken wings can be a really good one.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Chicken wings and turkey necks are keeping Pereg's teeth beautifully clean. I did not know about feeding raw for Little One, who had an inherited predisposition to bad teeth, so I used to brush hers.

I used a normal toothbrush with soft bristles, and this toothpaste.
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I only use bones for mine, and my 3 year old has fabulous teeth. I find chicken wings can be a really good one.
Do you give a whole raw chicken wing?

I'm a little anxious about how small the bones are but think might be paranoid.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >