Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2006, 04:25 PM

Tonight with Trevor McDonald

Hello,

I know it isn't every body's idea of a good night in watching TV but, tonight Trevor is going to be on about the lady who lost both her legs in one of the London bomb blasts, is any one else watching it, I will, I'll be able to relate to her story in a way.

Ian
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh Ian I hope you haven't suffered the loss of your legs?

That woman is a total hero, I can't imagine how she has coped, she is a total inspiration to us all!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I watched it and yes she was inspirational. She was very strong although emotional, as you would understand, but not an ounce of self-pity, just bewilderment as to why it happened to her. Is it just me, or do awful things like this always seem to happen to the nicest people?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
Oh Ian I hope you haven't suffered the loss of your legs?

That woman is a total hero, I can't imagine how she has coped, she is a total inspiration to us all!
Hello,
Yes I have lost one leg below knee, I think you go through more emotional problems than physical, off course it is still hard physically but you have to fight that to get on, you could just let go emotionally and stay in a wheelchair.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342
I watched it and yes she was inspirational. She was very strong although emotional, as you would understand, but not an ounce of self-pity, just bewilderment as to why it happened to her. Is it just me, or do awful things like this always seem to happen to the nicest people?
I find it is the nicest, kindest people that are struck down with something, I don't know why, and like her, I ask why me! But you just have to pick your self up and get on with what you have got.

Ian
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Ian,
That lady was So brave like yourself....I think anyone like you in that Possition neads a Medel....
Julie
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Ian,

I don't know how to word what I want to say without sounding crass but I imagine last nights programme was particularly moving for you and wanted to pass on my very best wishes.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi,
Yes it was moving in a way, although she was far far worse than me, she had them off above knee, I'm a below knee, and only one thank god.

Ian