Our sister sites
Our sister sites
luu^luu
New Member!
Female 

21-09-2006, 03:26 PM

4 Month old Staffie won't go wee wee in the rain

Hi

I have a 4 month old staffie, he is very good with his toilet training , clean in a morning when I get up and clean on lunch time when get in from work.

But.....if its raining he flatly refuses to go out in the garden, I go out with him and stay with him but as soon as he can will dash back in and wee right in front of me !

Any idea's why and how to sort out this problem

Thanks luu
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 03:32 PM
My 6 year old staffie will not go out in the rain to pee....Hopfully someone will be able to give you some advice...
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-09-2006, 03:42 PM
All 3 of my staffies refuse to go out in the rain. They must be busting for a pee first thing in the morning but if its raining they refuse to venture out.

I usually put them on their leads and walk them somewhere, then I stand like a wally waiting for them to pee whilst I getting soaking wet,
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Same here, I'm often to be found with a brolly on the lawn going "Max, wee-wees"... he has wee-d in front of me in the house when it is raining...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Mine were the same.

I'd be stood there in my slippers and shut the door behind me so they can't get back in the house. Sounds cruel but they soon learnt that it was best to get it over and done with first time round.

Good luck
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by luu^luu View Post
Hi
But.....if its raining he flatly refuses to go out in the garden, I go out with him and stay with him but as soon as he can will dash back in and wee right in front of me !
Any idea's why and how to sort out this problem
Thanks luu
Hi Luu lots of dogs don't like getting wet ,do you have him on a lead....
This is what I would do..
invest in a golf umbrella ,
take him out on a lead and walk/stand quietly waiting until he relieves himself,
teach him to relieve himself on command by saying a magic word 'be clean' while he is in the middle 'of going' so that he associates the word with the action then treat /give lots of praise.
Pretty soon he should learn to relieve himself on command and that when he does he can go back in the house
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2006, 04:49 PM
i have the same problem with cocoa i just shut the door and walk on the grass with her and she eventually does it just give big praise when he does the toilet in the rain he will soon learn. hope that helps
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
All 3 of my staffies refuse to go out in the rain. They must be busting for a pee first thing in the morning but if its raining they refuse to venture out.

I usually put them on their leads and walk them somewhere, then I stand like a wally waiting for them to pee whilst I getting soaking wet,
That sounds very familiar!!
Linda57
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2006, 06:36 PM
My Staffie girl is 4 1/2, and still refuses to pee in the rain. I am sensing a trend here LOL
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 07:30 PM
ha ha must be a terrier thing go out with them- askthem to pee-make sure the door is shut and they cant run back inside- they WILL pee- get a good soakin then open the door to go back in.... simple:smt002
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >