Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:26 AM

Been thinking

Can anyone tell me when or if the UK Kennel Club has ever given recognition to a ‘new’ breed before it has been recognised by one of the affiliated kennel associations. The Eurasier springs to mind if you can call a dog developed in the 1950’s new, think that has been added to the imported register recently but also think it is on the FCI list of breeds. Any suggestions please.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Can't help with the answer, but I'm intruigued to know why you need to know. Been doing a pub quiz or something?

Dawn R.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 01:04 PM
No, the subject of KC registration has recently been talked about and I wanted to increase my knowledge of the normal and past practices. Else where they have come up with the Parson Russell terrier and the Border Collie. So now I am off to see if either were recognised by the KC before being recognised by an affiliated association. The same person thought that only British dogs would be so recognised but could only think of the two mentioned. My thoughts concerning Eurasier have been confirmed, they are now on the imported register and were previously on the FCI list of breeds.

Not sure the Parson could be described as a ‘new’ breed having been developed in the 1800’s and the Border Collie since the 1700’s but both have only been recognised recently, so will try and find out why they were recognised and what the criteria was.

Pub quiz, recon they would think I was from another planet, we dog people live and move in a world of our own. May be able to use the gathered information at some time in the future but at the moment working on something for the Rare breeds and Imported Register.