Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 06:23 PM

Where has everyone gone

Has anyone noticed a distinct lack of dog walkers out now the evening have gone darker.........
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Nope, but due to other commitments I had to go out ultra early the other morning. It wasn't quite light, what a miserable bunch of people I met Is it cos they have to go to work?
Our usual walking time is between 8-30 and 9am when we meet such cheerful folk
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I agree and there are a lot of fair weather dog-walkers around here too. I think it's sad that their dogs only get out on nice sunny days......not too many of those in Cumbria!!

I donned my very attractive (not!) waterproof trousers, regatta waterproof and wellies to get Marius out this morning. It was battering down, but I didn't feel a thing as I was completely protected. Needless to say I didn't see another soul and we were the only ones out.

Marius had a ball, bombing about the cow-pats lol He came back looking (and smelling) like an otter. Slept like a baby after too.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 06:43 PM
lmao i'm another one who looks like a deep sea sailor on a morning - the mud seasons started round here
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I was out this morning in our normal field at about 7.15 a.m. and it was peeing down and didn't see another soul! I take the boys out religiously every morning come hell or waters high but admit that at the weekend sometimes let hubby go by himself!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
my lot wont go out in the rain... which makes me a fair weather walker.. but its my dogs doing.. honest...

AM... im gob smacked marius will go out in the cold and wet... it takes me to get my lot out the back for a pee...

they will go round the block grudgingly if I put coats on them... but they hate it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
A lot less here, and at Sutton park. I am a barmy one.....have to go, dogs say so
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Same up here ! But to be honest, i'm glad, I get peace to walk my two, without having to change direction about 20 times ! Agree it sad for the dpggies though

My two won't go in the garden in the rain, but once they're satisfied it's actually a walk we're going for then they're up for it. But, once or twice i've seen me standing in the garden, in the pissing rain, calling them to come out and there in the hallway, looking at me like i'm daft
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Heh, until it was pointed out I didn't notice. I didn't meet a soul up the woods this evening. I went out around 5ish, usually I meet one or two, but not tonight. Just me and a very wet and muddy Dougal! It was remarkably soggy up there and it is all peat too!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 07:48 AM
We do an evening walk, and have noticed fewer people walking.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >