Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:24 PM

PCC elections

Anyone voting in the PCC elections tomorrow?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2012, 08:32 PM
No.. No idea who the candidiates are and not really been explained well enough for me to make a decision about the candidates and the role they would play up for election.
Plus I am getting sick and tired of everything being changed all the time I don't know hwich way is up lately.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:35 PM
I asked for an info pack and it didn't actually provide me with any information on the candidates. It appears in order to find more information out I need to spend my evening trawling the Internet. So no I will now be voting as I will not vote without knowledge of who I am voting for and I would rather spend my evening on dogsey () than trying to find information that should be made more readily available.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:46 PM
It was said that these positions were not going to be politically orientated, and if that is true then why does each candidate feel it necessary to state what party he belongs to at the side of his/her name - this tells me they are political. I won't be voting because there is nobody from my end of the county standing. All the candidates come form the Southern end of the county and I would not have a clue who they were anyway, other than what political party they belong to, I think that these posts will end up being another debacle, will be totally ineffective and waste of time and money. I hope nobody turns out to vote.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I kind of feel like I SHOULD go and vote - just because I've been brought up to believe that I should go and vote... but there's been naff all publicity about it, or the candidates and as far as I can gather it's pick a political party or independent for a nice salary and them all just saying they'll magic up more police on the beat (which realistically isn't going to happen).

If anything I'd go along to spoil my ballot paper to at least have my utter apathy over it all counted... we really need a "none of the above" option to appear on ballot papers!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Ahhh glad I'm not alone.
I shan't be voting for all the reasons you have given; lack of information, politically lead, jobs for the boys
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Im going to be voting, though the candidate i like on policy looks like santa claus, and i've been telling people i'm voting for the candidate cause he's the one who looks most like santa hahah.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-11-2012, 09:00 PM
You can spoil the ballot paper in protest - thinking about doing that as none of them have bothered to reach out around here, I haven't got the foggiest about any of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I won't be voting, I have had no information at all, nothing . I guess there might have been something in the local paper but I don't buy one.

Do we really need another layer of people with titles getting paid from public funds while the police are cutting back on PCs and closing duty desks at police stations, I think not.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Londoners are excluded.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >