Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 04:25 PM

Aren't people strange....?

I walk the dogs in a country park about 3 mins away from us. It's beautiful, tree-laden with lots of man-made and natural trails to follow. A lot of it's quite hilly and affords quite a few views of surrounding countryside (for any of you near my part of the world, I'm talking about Lickey Hills). It's truncated by 3 large car parking areas and a visitors centre, so when you get out the car you kinda decide what side of the park you want to walk through.

Anyhow, I was walking back to the car to put Satch in and saw a nicely dressed, mature businessman walking towards me, approaching the car park from the other side. He took one look at Satch in halti and gave us a very wide berth (obviously it's a muzzle and obviously he's a dangerous dog).

The thing is, he was wandering round woods early in the morning, dressed in a smart suit but with his tie loosened. He wandered across into the other side of the woods, then back to his car which he sat in for a few seconds, then out he got and started wandering back into the woods. He looked really miserable, not like he was out enjoying the countryside, had his head bowed, gazing at the ground etc.

What d'you reckon? Just one of those things? A woodland meeting? Potential suicide? Redundancy but too proud to tell anyone so keeps getting dressed up pretending he's off to work??

God, my imagination runs riot!! It's not healthy.....

Becs
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2005, 04:29 PM
It may have been Clarke Kent looking for a spot to change, you think you have a vivid imagination.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi,
I think could have been a potential suicide, he seemed to want to be alone yet seems as though he wanted to talk.

Hopefully we will never know.
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, I'm with you Becs, he must have been up to something untoward (or in despair over something). There's a nice wood near us that I no longer go to due to the numbers of men who are there to indulge in things that are apparently available in those woods!!!!! Some of them seem well dressed and harmless too, but if you knew what they were allegedly up to you'd be shocked to the core! And this in a public wood with a Visitor's Centre etc!

Lesley
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:32 PM
well anyone who lives round here often walks in a country park called pishiobury park it actually is attached very close to the beckhams house i wonder if they know of its reputation.........anyway there is often around lunchtime quite a few men of a certain age wandering around looking shifty!!!! the council chopped a loads of trees down so now the men wander further along i know what they are up to and it is disgusting! if they want to be with each other thats fine but why do they need to do it in a country park?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 07:35 PM
we get that too in our local park makes some areas out of bounds.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Seems this happens everywhere.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:40 PM
what a wonderful world this is!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Lovely! i have a very over reactive imagination, it can be a bad thing sometimes, but fun , nether the less!
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Apparently it's not men looking for companionship with other men in our park, but what allegedly goes on involves both genders and is a practice that I never even knew existed let alone what it entailed, and I'm not that naive, nor have I led a sheltered life! Each to their own I suppose, but really, do these things have to be done in public parks making them a no go area at certain times. It's disgusting, although I heard that our police were trying to clamp down on it recently. Mind you, I've no intention of going back there to find out if they were successful!

Lesley

Ps although I did wonder, when OH and I were there walking the boys once, why men without dogs who were lurking there kept saying hello and smiling nicely at us. Now I know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I hadn't done a quick reply cos I can't use the smilies, LOL!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >