Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 11:19 AM

Pet Poisoners - Channel 5

Did anyone else watch this programme last night? I was stunned at how common it seems to be, though bear in mind I didn't even know that dog theft was common until I read it here a few weeks ago.

I watched and really, as much as I tried, really couldn't even begin to fathom the mentality needed to just anonymously and randomly poison dogs and cats.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Did anyone else watch this programme last night? I was stunned at how common it seems to be, though bear in mind I didn't even know that dog theft was common until I read it here a few weeks ago.

I watched and really, as much as I tried, really couldn't even begin to fathom the mentality needed to just anonymously and randomly poison dogs and cats.
I watched it as well
There are some evil people out there
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I watched it as well
There are some evil people out there
No kidding. Especially the, apparently, jealous boyfriend. He had to be some twisted individual.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 01:00 PM
It ia always a shock that there are human beings that could caurse such pain and suffering to a innocent life and the families.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
No kidding. Especially the, apparently, jealous boyfriend. He had to be some twisted individual.
Now that was unbeliveable and the poor girl didn't have a clue how he was doing it
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Abe my old Rottweiler was poisoned and nearly died.The only thing which saved him was his giant size.Never found out who or why someone wanted to harm him,but he could never have gotten access to chemicals in my home or garden which leaves deliberate poisoning.

There are some seriously disturbed people out there.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Saw bits of it. How scary was that boyfriend? I had a boyfriend who was jealous of my rabbit but didn't go that far!

It's a very worrying trend though. Loki ate something small, red and round in the garden a while back and then I found a Babybel cheese - not something I have ever bought. I did worry about poisoning ... thankfully he was okay.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Of your rabbit? That's a new one on me!
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Aww I missed it, just hope my neighbour didn't see and get any ideas, he threatened to put poison down for my dogs week before last I contacted the police so hopefully fingers crossed he'll think twice - god forbid that he should follow through with it ......
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:44 PM
The whole of my fully fenced property is on a street corner surrounded by pavement/road. People are always throwing stuff over the fence- I am forever checking and I worry that one day it will be something that may poison my dog