Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:37 PM

Loki (Utonagan) took more fits today

I was getting ready to take Loki out for her long walk today about 12.45 pm and she was playing with her beloved ball in the hall, I was combing my hair in the bathroom and next thing I heard a noise and looked round to see Loki literally running backwards - looked as though she was being propelled backwards! She collapsed in a fit. I managed to hold her and talked to her and then got the rectal diazapam and put that up her back end - she never even batted an eyelid, wee soul!! That was a shock. Since then, she has taken another 4, the last one was at 6.20 pm. The one at 5.20 pm I gave her another diazapam up her back end. She had been lying on top of my bed when she took that one and fell off the other side and banging her head against my chest of drawers. I got to her (had to climb over my bed to do so) and I got to her and cradled her head. When she had calmed down, that was when I gave her the 2nd diazapam.

I had called the emergency vet's number, which was on the answering service of my vet, and it is Vets Now at the PDSA, I spoke to the vet nurse and she took the details and my phone number and said a vet would call me back in 15 minutes - true to their word, a vet did call me back and said just to keep her on her present med -2 Phenob's and Potasssium Bromide in the morning and 2 Pheno's at night. If I needed, I could take her into the hospital but I will wait and see how things go!

Take care.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
So very sorry to hear about Loki.
She is in my thoughts and prayers. Comforting hugs to you both and hope she does not have another fit and does not have to go to hospital

Take care of yourself.

E xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
lots of healing vibes for loki, I hope the fits have run their course and you are both able to have a peaceful night. Hugs.x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Sending hugs and healing thoughts for Loki. You are allowed to pinch some of the hugs too.....Let`s hope that it is the cluster finished.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Poor Loki and poor you. You should be proud of yourself for acting so quick and settling her.Hope fully you will both have a settled night. (((hugs))) to you both xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh Rose, not again. So sorry to hear Loki has had more fits. Take care of yourself and Loki and let's hope that's this latest bout of fits over with. So sad that she didn't make her big walk.

Is there really nothing they can do to stop them altogether? I don't know anything about fitting in dogs other than what I've learned from you.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Poor Loki, she is in my thoughts, healing vibes for here and big hugs to you both. xxx
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 07:14 PM
So sorry to hear this I hope the medication works and Loki suffers no ill effects from the fits
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Poor Loki Hopefully things begin to settle down now.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Poor Loki - I hope she is better soon.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »