Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 05:53 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Still dark out there, so I don't know what we're in for today weather wise.

Woke up at 6 and decided I might as well get up, have lots to do today, diving about here and there, and must spend a bit more time in the little van to get it done, as once the guy who's interesting in buying see's it next Tuesday, if he doesn't want it, then there's nothing stopping me moving in the couple for the winter. If he does want it, then I will have to think again and put them in van 2, but that's booked to mid November which might disappoint them I'm sure they won't mind either way, but I haven't mentioned anything to them yet, I'll just spring it on them if it happens.

Had a lovely quiet evening with Zena so tired after all the fun with the neighbours yesterday afternoon, must do it more often methinks.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, and enjoy your day whatever you're up to.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2013, 06:04 AM

Unfortunately Da Booga had another bad seizure in the night but did not crash off the bed but it meant I had to strip everything off the bed and sling a sheet and empty duvet cover on as that was all I could manage to do.

Machine now on with duvet cover, fitted bottom sheet, fitted under sheet and quilted mattress cover in it - I will think about making the bed up some time today if I have the energy.

Fingers crossed that that is the end of it for a while.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Morning Helena good luck with your lots to do day again today.
I will be surprised if your possible buyer isn't blown away by the little van and buys it and I am sure the other couple won't mind being in the bigger van even if they have to wait a bit longer.
Malka sorry to hear Pereg has had another seizure.

I am off to post the contracts today we hadn't signed and posted them because of waiting for answers to the two questions we asked. Our solicitors office rang yesterday asking us to send them back anyway so they have them on file for when we are ready to exchange. Lets hope the questions are answered to our satisfaction because if they aren't we will be on the hunt again.
Weather dry here at the moment hoping it stays that way.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I too have had an early start but that's due to my OH taking our son to the station again. The dogs have been out in garden and Rucksack has had his food. Flash had about 5 bits of kibble and has refused the rest which will almost definitely mean that he ate something 'bad' yesterday They are both due to the groomers for 9 so I'll just have to see how Flash is later. Rucksack will go regardless.

Helena - Why can't you let that couple move in to your small van and agree a date that this chap can buy it next year. Then you get the income over winter and this chap gets the van in preparation for next season .... I must admit I thought that is what was organised anyway Have a good day and watch your back if you end up doing more pressure-washing.
Malka - Sorry about Pereg and another fit.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Lynn, you snuck in. Purely out of interest why at this late date have these latest questions only just arisen or being cynical are you still looking for things to stall I hope you have a good day and the weather holds. I think its due to be a huge improvement on yesterday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2013, 06:29 AM
No not deliberately stalling all the paperwork arrived last week including the last of the searches and on there was the issue of is the driveway access over which were told it was by the seller or shared. Some of the paperwork states access over some parts state shared so we need to know what it is or is it in fact the same thing. Also we need to know the ins and outs of this 50% of any works if carried out on the driveway we will be expected to pay.
Also the unused septic tank in next doors garden we are now on mains that we will not be liable for any unexpected bills if anything goes wrong with the septic tank.
No point waiting move in then find we have a big problem and we are landed with expenses we are not prepared for or wouldn't of been prepared to shell out for.
Tom is now resigned to the fact he is going to more than likely be moving in with the in-laws for a bit.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning H , Malka, Lynn, Jenny and all

I hope things go smoothly with the vans H. I am sure things will fall into place.

I am sorry that Pereg has had another seizure, at least she hasn't fallen and hurt herself.

I hope that you get a positive outcome re your questions Lynn, we also have a shared septic tank, it is shared by the other two families here and situated in our garden, I have just had to pay the bill for the emptying and now have to recover the neighbours share. If the tank is unused why would it need repairs?

Poor Flash fingers crossed he is recovered enough to go to the groomers.

We are still in the caravan, I am reluctant to vacate! I am gradually sorting and cleaning getting ready to winterise it.

The battery light went orange yesterday which was worrying, it would seem that the electricity surge has damaged the power unit and the charger is not working. I have a man coming later this afternoon, I want this sorted asap, I have spoken to the manufacturers who no longer make my model, they could possibly repair £180.00 plus postage, to replace it with similar if they can't repair would be about £600, I am keen to get this sorted before the electricity board deny responsibility.

Dog food arrived at 7.30 this morning, luckily OH decided to take it in!

Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Lynn - Please don't think I was criticising and yes of course you need all questions answered before signing on the dotted line It is common knowledge that moving house is right at the top of the list of most stressful things in life ..... I can more than understand why ((hugs)).
Moet - That damage to your electrics via that surgve was just horrendous Hopefully they will accept responsibility for every last item that has been effected. Good luck.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Gerri I hope you get the battery sorted and the electricity company don't try to wriggle out of accepting responsibility.
We don't think anything will go wrong with the tank but we are not sure if the neighbour whose garden the tank is in still uses it or if they are also on the mains sewerage too. So we just want it cleared up that we will not be responsible for any repairs or bills if the tank did for some reason need repair just covering ourselves and making sure we know where we stand before signing anything and then find there are problems connected and its too late to back out. We are probably being over cautious.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2013, 07:11 AM
jenny I knew you weren't criticising and just asking why two questions had surfaced so late.
They took us by surprise.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »