View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Hospital last week,(dont read if your eating)

felt really ill last thursday almost collapsed, well i did but luckily i was sitting on the bed and fell sideways, i had a funny tummy on and off all day. felt like i wanted to *go* but due to all the codiene based meds im on i was having trouble. the pain was un-believable my stomach was solid. so charlie called an abmulance, they stuck a drip on me as i was de-hydrated and got me to A & E straight in no probs. i had loads of x-rays/blood tests yet more drips. they said i had a stomach bug but because of the *impacted* nature i was in trouble. so i had to have an enema
well certainly helped *things* moving. so went home. felt better in a way. but my poor stomach i felt like i had taken a kicking to my stomach. i was bruised internally. so other than head off to the loo i stayed in bed, hot water bottles became my best friend. i couldnt eat other than a banana or some grapes. so lost almost a stone in weight. !!! not a good way to lose weight. so dont try this at home.
feel alot better, im on loads of new meds to keep *moving* which are slow in working. but im adjusting my diet. i cant come off the pain meds would be too painful
ive just put it down to another chapter in my life.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Bless ya! Glad to hear you're feeling better now
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Cathy, please don't let em fob you off with diverticulitis.

I am not going to go on and give you all the ins and outs, but don't let the Sir's and Dr's get away with it.

Diverticulitis covers a whole loads of symptoms, but make sure they do more tests before putting it down to that.

Don't want to sound neurotic, or frighten you, but just make sure that they do further tests hun x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:42 AM
I hope you are feeling a bit better now, sounds horrible.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Cathy, please don't let em fob you off with diverticulitis.

I am not going to go on and give you all the ins and outs, but don't let the Sir's and Dr's get away with it.

Diverticulitis covers a whole loads of symptoms, but make sure they do more tests before putting it down to that.

Don't want to sound neurotic, or frighten you, but just make sure that they do further tests hun x
that wasnt even mentioned.(dont think so anyway) all the heavy duty codiene based meds im on bind me up. and i was backed up badly. but ive only been once since last week. im on 2 lots of stuff u mix up. plus 10mls of this medicine. so going to see what happens over the weekend and if *0* results ill go back n see my doctor. im eating so much fruit.curries, pure orange, gallons of water
ill know more after the weekend
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Oh Cathy...... you poor love.

Pleased to hear you're on the mend....

x0x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Oh you poor thing Sounds awful. Glad you are on the mend now x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 04:25 PM
had a bit of a *result* this morning. not much to brag about, but tummys not so bloated now. still on loads of aids, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. be raiding the fruit section of the supermarket 2morrow.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Ah yes, enemas - not something I would want to try having been on the application end for quite a few years. I always feel a tad bit brutal giving them to 80 odd year olds before colonoscopy's!

Glad you're feeling better, just make sure you keep taking those laxatives!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:21 PM
You poor thing that sounds awful. Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better now though.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >