Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 07:22 PM

A lovely walk...people are great

Just took Sal out and met a chap with a year old Staffie a lovely bloke and a really nice youngster....had a really nice chat he said "you don;t see many Staffs out with people you would speak too" I said "I talk to anyone........."
had a nice chat about food, walking his youngster is a puller and he admired Sal's none pulling attitude...had a chat about coat condition..etc etc etc.....nice chap nice dog. Nice chat what more can you want.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Nice to hear a post about a good experience!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Doesn't happen often enough nowadays.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I always find nice people...........if they are a bit off I follow them and chatter away and make them smile then I go away
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:19 PM
It's funny that this positive thread has had very few replies but the ones where people are ranting about other people get loads! Isn't human nature a funny thing.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:12 PM

It is nice to hear you had a good walk. It is always quite cheering when you can have a nice chat like that.
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I met a lovely little staffy boy this morning,he and wilma had a great time chasing around and playfighting,his owner was surprised and pleased that i hadnt dragged wilma away from the nasty staffie dog ,which she said oten happens.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Kismet made friends with an English bull terrier last week. I was wary at first when the owner grabbed him and put him on the lead, but we were going to walk past im any way, so instead of canging direction to avod him, we walked calmly up. "Can't he play?" I asked, the man looked at me surprised. "People don't like him" He replied... "As long as he's polite, you can let him off"... He let him go and Kis set about beating the puppy cr@p out of the lovely softee I think other dog walkers kept away the noise they were making was fearsome, but it was clearly all in play. They loved it, ran about, wrestled, laid down mouthy, got up wrestled some more, chased about... I took a very tired puppy home that day and I bet he didn't have a peep out of his english bull terrier...

You know, I'm not sure I would have done that before dogsey. I would probably have made the same assumption as everyone else on the field. If he's putting it on the lead, it must be aggressive and would have steered clear.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I always find nice people...........if they are a bit off I follow them and chatter away and make them smile then I go away
i do that glad you had nice walk ,its great fun when you meet someone nice to have a nice chat
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 05:53 PM
It certainly is nice to hear. We do quite well around her but like some of you, I don't let the miserable ones get away. I'm extra nie to them and they don't have an option really LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >