Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 06:49 AM

Morning everyone!

Morning all,

Fireworks last night were a giant pain in the ar*e. I guess it’s going to be the same tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully then it’ll be over .

Off out with Jackie this morning, but we haven’t decided where – it really could be anywhere, but as we managed to reach Faversham last week, it’ll probably be a bit more local.

Have a great Saturday, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
It was a hot Saturday evening in the summer of 1960 and Fred had a date with Peggy Sue. He arrived at her house and rang the bell.
'Oh, come on in!' Peggy Sue's mother said as she welcomed Fred in.
'Have a seat in the living room. Would you like something to drink? Lemonade? Iced tea?'
'Iced tea, please,' Fred said. Mom brought the iced tea.
'So, what are you and Peggy planning to do tonight?' she
asked.
'Oh, probably catch a movie, and then maybe grab a bite to eat at the malt shop, maybe take a walk on the beach...'
'Peggy likes to screw, you know,' Mom informed him.
'Really?' Fred replied; eyebrows rose.
'Oh yes,' the mother continued. 'When she goes out with her friends, that's all they do!'
'Is that so?' asked Fred, incredulous.
'Yes,' said the mother.
'As a matter of fact, she'd screw all night if we let her!'
'Well, thanks for the tip!' Fred said as he began thinking about alternate plans for the evening.
A moment later, Peggy Sue came down the stairs looking pretty as a picture, wearing a pink blouse and a hoop skirt, and with her hair tied back in a bouncy ponytail. She greeted Fred.
'Have fun, kids!' the mother said as they left.
Half an hour later, a completely dishevelled Peggy Sue burst into the house and slammed the front door behind her.
'TWIST, Mom!' she angrily yelled to her mother in the kitchen.
'The dance is called the Twist!
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Morning Vicki , morning all,

Yeah we had all the fireworks around our way again last night, Sasha isn't to bothered though she just comes in a lays down by us in the frontroom.

Well it looks like I have got this bloody flu going around now . . . . !!! . . it couldn't of come at a worse time cos I'm due my infusion on wednesday and I'll have to cancel it. . . . . .

Anyway those of you who are suffering with the lurgy I hope you get well soon, have a good day all and be careful out there.

x x x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Morning Vicki , morning all,

Yeah we had all the fireworks around our way again last night, Sasha isn't to bothered though she just comes in a lays down by us in the frontroom.

Well it looks like I have got this bloody flu going around now . . . . !!! . . it couldn't of come at a worse time cos I'm due my infusion on wednesday and I'll have to cancel it. . . . . .

Anyway those of you who are suffering with the lurgy I hope you get well soon, have a good day all and be careful out there.

x x x
Morning Shane - sorry to hear you're not well, sweetie. What's an infusion, btw? Are they immersing you in hot water?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Wet and drizzly here this morning. No fireworks last night which was a bonus. Don't know if we'll be so lucky tonight! Not a lot planned. Might try a new chicken and tarragon recipe for tea. Have a good Saturday everyone.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Morning all - happy Saturdays

We so far have been v. lucky with the fireworks - hopefully tonight will be the last night for you all.

Take care

Rach and the Setterboys!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:49 AM
'morning all.
We were up extra early today. Fireworks at 6am Why would anyone want to watch fireworks at that time??? Thankfully our two are OK with bangs though Chip usually prefers to stay indoors and tries to cross his legs Anyway this morning he woke with a woof and decided to go out to watch.
Hope you get rid of the flu. Its miserable.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Morning all.... damp and windy here - the ducks are loving it though

Fireworks last night were bad, spent this morning picking up bits of firework that have landed in our garden before Murphy comes along and eats them

Having eggy bread for breakfast, made with fresh eggs from this morning; then off to Morrisons to do the shopping for the week.

We may get some work done in the garden, or even a walk if the weather stays nice!

I love weekends!
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Morning Shane - sorry to hear you're not well, sweetie. What's an infusion, btw? Are they immersing you in hot water?
I'll PM explaining it to you babe x x x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Morning Hun.....duck weather here again.

Had the fireworks last night, Reah slept with me, bless she was all a dither. But I ingorned it and she settled after a while. Daresay we'll have the same again tonight and she have to sleep upstairs again.

Well just waiting till 9am and then I can ring about the Chickens............hope the release date is still today. Photo's later.

Have a wonderful day
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 08:58 AM
morning
havent been around much as needed to work through a lot of personal stuff. am still very emotional at the moment and emotionally up and down all the time. one minute happy and the next want to cry.

have a good day all

sue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >