Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Warning Pet Plan

I have just heard from my doggy hydro therapist that Pet Plan are about to limit the amount of hydrotherapy that they cover to 10 sessions.
As it normally takes about 3 sessions to assess the dog properly and most dogs that require it have long term problems, it may be worth checking before you renew your policy
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Yep. I've just got all my renewal papers through.I was on the unlimited cover plan, well it's not unlimited anymore. There's a limit of £12000 per year, mine has gone up by £75 over the year and the excess has gone up £20 to £115.
My plan was called the supreme unlimited, now it is called covered for life,Supreme, and yes there is a limit of 10 hydro sessions.
I know that £12000 is still a lot of cover but the point is that I didn't sign up for that all those years I have been paying. They can just move the goalposts whenever!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:13 AM
My PetPlan renewal has gone up by almost £100.
Its now just shy of £400 for one dog.

I phoned to query it as last year it was only £300 and on the automated menu option 3 is "if you're thinking of leaving PetPlan" so I pressed that and they looked into it and said "sorry, its because your dog's 11 now and because vets all over have put their prices up - and you have no special circumstances that we could offer a discount"
I told them, how about customer loyalty when I had my first dog insured with them for 16 odd years and Missy has been with them for 3 and for all her three years we haven't made a claim?

It doesn't count. Customer loyalty doesn't count, not making a claim doesn't count.
Staying with PetPlan no longer counts... bye bye PetPlan.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Get yourself a prepaid credit card and put money on that each month and build up a 'health fund' that way.
Becky
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately I think the hydrotherapy restrictions are spreading through alot of insurance companies - I'm with M&S and they've stopped it completely.
A friend of mine is with Tesco and they're going to limit theirs too!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I have just heard from my doggy hydro therapist that Pet Plan are about to limit the amount of hydrotherapy that they cover to 10 sessions.
As it normally takes about 3 sessions to assess the dog properly and most dogs that require it have long term problems, it may be worth checking before you renew your policy
I think that is the case with all insurance companies.. they will have a limit on the amount for these treatments

Hydro or any alternative treatments.

When I took my boy a few yrs back, my insurance also had a limit (kc)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Petplan are definitely pulling in the reigns, we use their free 6 week puppy insurance when we have litters, recently we had notification that the 6 weeks has now been cut down to 4 weeks
Kimothy
New Member!
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I've given up on pet insurance for now. I know its a risky strategy. My last dog was insured with E&L (through animal friends). When she was quite old she needed a lot of treatment for her failing back legs. When i told the vet she was insured with E&L he said they wouldn't pay out. The hydrotherapy centre told me much the same even though it should be covered according to the policy. So i tried to claim, and failed! i had the policy for about 8 years and had never made a single claim but because there were some periods she didn't have a registered vet when i was at uni they said there were missing records and they weren't willing to pay. They were more than happy to take my money though! Pet plan sounds a bit better but having been burned i'd rather keep my own fund.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I dont have a pet plan and never had one i think there all a rip off i just pay money to my vet by standing order then it builds up if you dont have to take your pets to the vet then when you do you know theres money there to cover the cost