Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Arkarna
New Member!
Male 

20-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Leelah isnt well

Hi
I have a 15 week old kelpie x that has gone off her food for the last couple of days and is really lathargic. She was fine friday, threw up in the night. Saturday was not energetic at all and not eating. We gave her some liver treats as part of her training which she ate but then threw them back up not long after.
I took her to the vet and got her check out. She got the all clear and got given some rehydrating powder to give her in water form.
She is drinking but not eating. She is still a little playful but has no energy.
She wont even eat boiled chicken!
Does anyone have any tips for me pls.
Thanks
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Sorry no advice other than because she is so young I would return to the vets immediately.
Unfortunately small pups deteriorate rapidly when ill, may I also say I wouldn't give liver treats to a small pup....thats just me, as I think they would be abit strong for her tum.

Hope you can get hold of your vets ASAP xxxxx best wishes, keep us informed
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Agree with youngstevie - if no better today then definitely back to the vets but obviously hope she is beginning to pick up. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:50 AM
My girl has the same thing, there seems loads of it about. The only difference is my girl is 5.5 years old and as she is managing to keep fluids down I am not rushing to the vet today.
However yours is only a baby and babys and elderly go downhill much quicker so I think I would be taking them back to the vets this morning.
Apart from going to the vets just let her rest, no walks games or anything.
I hope she is feeling better this morning they are such a worry arn't they.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Maybe there's a new doggy bug going around?

Sorry to hear Leelah isn't well either - sounds so similar to what Shady has.

Hope they both feel better soon xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Due to the age of your dog, I would be at the vets...

Young pups can go downhill scarily fast.

Good luck - keep us posted please

xox
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2010, 01:17 PM
My Georgie is nearly 3 and she had similar symptoms. I thought she was pining for my partner who was away but my domestic worker was insistent that I took her to the vet. The vet was very good at taking x-rays, blood tests and then doing a bile acid stimulation and a scan. Georgie is now three weeks post surgery for a liver shunt. Apparently they are usally picked up before 6 months of age and very common in small breed dogs. I would insist on blood tests at the very least. Georgie didn't have a temperature but was lethargic and generally off colour.