View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Well I might have to say goodbye to bubble baths.

This afternoon, I'd just got in from an exhausting walk with the dogs - I mean exhausting, hills, wind, rain and sleet - I loved it though. Got settled down on the sofa with a mug of Coffee and Wheatley comes in with something that looks like OH's dog tag chain.. so I got up out of my quilt cocoon and took it off him - it was only the bl**dy bath plug!

So I put it out of reach on the fireplace, settled back down and half an hour later I walked into the kitchen to make another coffee (I was frozen) And I see Wheatley with my Razor in his mouth!

So I took that off him. 10 minutes ago, I looked on the floor, Wheatley was playing with the bath plug again!

Is this normally what cats do?

I don't mind but if he keeps taking the bath plug - then he might hide it..
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Mine is 21 so doesnt do a lot except, poop, pee and torment the dog ^^

now the weather is warming again she is discovering were the cat flap is and going outside again but only for 10 minutes at a time, her favourite past time these days is either sleeping or waiting behind a door to attack the dog but usually gets stuck on Millies ears as she can't retract her claws very well o.0''

When she was young would delight in bringing dead birds, mouse heads and leave at the foot of mums bed!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 01:05 AM
I used to have a cat who would pinch and hide anything small enough for him to pick up. Pens, cutlery, my lipstick, you name it and Sable would take it. I'm sure he's the reason I only have four teaspoons left out of a set of twelve. He's been dead for over a year but I still haven't managed to find his secret loot stash.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
welcome to the world of cat ownership The amount of times I have heard wee noises and looked up to find the cats playing with stuff the shouldn't have. Not to mention Cooper who wont let you go for a wee on your own, sits on the edge of the sink and yowls until you turn the tap on for him to have a drink Cats are weird!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
welcome to the world of cat ownership The amount of times I have heard wee noises and looked up to find the cats playing with stuff the shouldn't have. Not to mention Cooper who wont let you go for a wee on your own, sits on the edge of the sink and yowls until you turn the tap on for him to have a drink Cats are weird!
OMG Wheatley is just like Cooper. I keep telling him - carry on and you'll be "Free to good home" again

I thought the dogs were bad - I can't go for a wee without at least 1 of them.. and having a peaceful bath is not allowed unless I have Louie's head on the side.. ugh pervert or what and then if I dare shut the door on them it's scratching from the cat, pawing from the dogs, whining.. lol and the OH is just as bad
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
: Cats are weird!
Intelligent, independent, fast, stealthlike, loyal (ours are), loving (on their own terms), but never weird

Tim keeps bringing me artificial flower heads - on Valentines day i got two the two older girls dont bother much but the kitten, she carries toys around in her mouth like a dog, knocks things down & then runs off with them -
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Our Gandalf used to play fetch with a ball....I don't think anyone ever told him he wasn't a dog.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Someone posted a link to a video of a cat doing agility a while back. That was very impressive.