Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 01:48 PM

So happy - good training class

After last week's "telling-off" from one of the trainers and Max's over-excitement at the new class, last night was a dream!

He was a bit over excited waiting to go in, but I let him have a sniff of all the other dogs outside and he was fine.

In the class, he was a lot more focussed (same location, same dogs around him, same type of treats).

We were doing various things with the "wait" command. Now, I know that Max knows how to wait. We don't go for a walk unless he "waits" at the gate, nor does he get out of the car, or get his food unless he "waits".

Well, Max "waited".

He waited on and off lead, in front of open doors, in front of treats and toys and other dogs. He waited and then returned to me, he waited for other people. What a dream!

And then I felt overly smug, as lots of other people's dogs wouldn't wait and I remembered how awful it was when he wouldn't do it!

I even helped a lady with a teeny puppy-Cav to wait. Her Monty was too excited/nervous to stay still!

Hopefully everything Max has learned in the past will come flooding back to him in these classes!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Nice one... well done to ya both... keep up the good work
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Yay thats excellent news. Well done to you both for a fantastic class