Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
venus
Dogsey Junior

12-12-2008, 12:14 PM

balding sbt

Hi all,

i have a 4 staffordshire bull terriers, 3 of them are fine my other one boo, is just over two years old, and she seems to have hardly any hair on the underside of her neck under her belly or up the insides of her legs, is there anything i can get to encourage growth in these area?

many thanks

Angela
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I think most staffies don't have much hair underneath, mine included. If its a recent thing then maybe take her to the vet to rule out a skin condition, staffies seem to be prone to them. Is she scratching?

She may just be from a line that has balder bellies, can you ask her breeder?

I have to put barrier cream on one of mine as she tends to get chapped and sore otherwise in the cold and wet. She was rescued from a puppy farm and has droopy boobs(!) the folds get a bit sore if I don't make sure they are clean and creamed after a run in bad weather. She is bald underneath, as you describe, but its just the way she was made! HTH
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
hiya

as above many are pretty bald underneath - bruno is like a shammy !¬!!

However i believe baldness can be related to hormone issues so if its a new thing then would definetly get it checked out at vets
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hiya

as above many are pretty bald underneath - bruno is like a shammy !¬!!

However i believe baldness can be related to hormone issues so if its a new thing then would definetly get it checked out at vets

LOL at the shammy! I know just what you mean, Rosaline is like that, great for blowing razzleberries on She also has a heart shaped bald patch on the little hair she has got on her chest underneath. My daughter says she is a care-bear.

Hippopottopig more like
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 11:57 AM
My staffy is a baldy too! I give her salmon oil in her food and her coat does seem thicker, although I don't think it's promoted any new hair growth.

I was surprised when she first came to us how little hair she had underneath.

DalaiMama - My girl loves raspberries on her belly too!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Toro goes crazy monkey if I try to Raspberry her tum, suki used to love it too, but not Toro she sounds like chewbacca if I do it...hates it lol