Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Party advice needed

I am organising a make-your-own pizza party for Carys at Pizza Hut - a friend from school turns 7 in the same week and her mum suggested we do a joint party. This little girl moved away at the end of year 1 last year and her mum said they would only do the same pizza party with the same children invited anyway, so I agreed.

It seemed like a good idea, especially as I'm not sure the little girl has made many friends where she is now, and it would save her having to come over here twice.

The thing I'm worried about is if other parents think they have to buy two presents when there is only one party and might be a bit annoyed and not come. I hope not and they do know the other little girl, but is that likely?

I'd rather they just came and not bothered with presents.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Personally if it was 2 children for one party I would take a present for each but wouldn't see it as a problem because if the parties were separate you would still buy two presents just at different times.
Does that make sense ?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Oh, tricky one!Don't think it will put anyone off from coming though.If I got a joint party invitation I would defo buy two presents,only fair I think. Great idea to have them together, double the fun!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I have nothing to add.....apart from I have a Carys too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I think it would have to be two pressies wouldn't it, because as Lynn has said, if it were seperate parties you would take one present along to each?

Either that, or stipulate when you invite people that they don't bring any presents, but that's a bit mean isn't it, they could get two pressies for a tenner couldn't they, and what's a tenner nowadays. I don't think it would go down too well with Carys if you put a stop on the pressie front Linda

Just make sure you tell them how guilty you feel now that you've rolled both into one and that you hope it won't mean they can't come because they can't afford 2 presents at once. I'm sure you'll sort it, but NO pressies is not a good idea I don't think.

I'm glad I had dogs cos they just don't care, pressies or not!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 12:59 PM
If all the children being invited know the other little girl then if I was bringing a child I would definitely do two presents. There may be the odd child who only brings one, but then present could be put in separate bags and opened later so if one of the birthday girls has a few more, the other will never know.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't think parents would be put off allowing their child to attend I know I wouldn't. They can always choose to spend less on each pressie if funds are tight.I wouldn't worry too much
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Two pressies is the only way to go. Lots of TWINS in my family and it would be UNTHINKABLE to buy one pressie between them or not buy a pressie because of the 'double expense'.

Invites go out separately. What's the problem? They get a invite for yours and buy a pressie for yours and ditto for the other little girl.

Do not deprive your own child of a few pressies - kids love pressies - even if they are only cheapie rubbish!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh thank you for all your comments, I feel so much better now!

Another Carys Catrin? Good choice!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 06:49 PM
It was a toss up between Carys, Cerys, Cari or Cariad. She's Carys Bryony and my eldest daughter is Merryn Gwenllian.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >