Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 08:30 AM

Hyped to the full

Well Florrie is 6 months on Thursday, and for a few days now she has been extra hyped!!!!
She goes in the garden comes back in, she is hyped, after 'walkies' she is hyped, when we let hr out of the kitchne in the morning oh yes she is hyped.
She jumps around, yaps her head off, chews your fingers, rags on the hem of your trouser leg etc
It was bearable before, but now her adult teeth are coming thru it bloody hurts, she has drew blood on an occasion too.
She goes into a state of no control what so ever. when you cant even calm her down.
And if you are watering the plants, have the house on, running a bath, turning on the shower, she goes nuts and tries to get to thge water!!!
She has started to listen when she wants too, this is becoming a problem, any ideas what to do on all accounts?
Best wishes
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
What are you feeding her? Sounds very typical puppy, but food can affect behaviour. As can hormones at that age
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
aww luke you wont be the first and you wont be the last to have the hyper with your dog my two are hyped up all the time there like it now i guess in time they will gradualy grow out of it,i just get the running around jumping up and the water buisness i stopped the nipping and ripping of clothes when they were younger everytime they went to do it i just tell them in a strong voice no and when they didnt do it i praised them kept this up and it stopped hope you have luck in teaching florrie the rights and wrong of being hyper good luck.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks Jen
SB, she is fed on Bakers Complete junior food
Best wishes
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
My thoughts too Shadowboxer. Try a more natural food, without all those pretty colours! Maybe Naturediet or Burns or James Wellbeloved. Give it a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference. just as some food send kids hyper, some dog foods do too.
Dawn.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Intersting, i tried her on Burns and James Wellbeloved, and she wouldnt eat it at all
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 05:36 PM
tyson has hyper times too . some days hes at it non stop then the next hell sleep the day away ..
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Maybe if you tried her on on a packet of naturediet she might like it. I feed our on nutro and naturediet and they love it.

sarah xxxxx
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I honestly have tried her on every brand of food available, she will either spit it out, be sick or starve herself.
She only likes Bakers Complete, oh and Winalot. She will NOT eat anything else
Best wishes
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Well it does sound like the food as bakers is full of colourings which have been proven to cause hyper-activity in some dogs. But if she won’t eat anything else then you might just have to put up with a barmy florrie!

sarah xxxx