Female 

27-07-2006, 04:15 PM

On Dog World Front page

Two Bouviers died on a ferry on the way to a show in the UK
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 05:28 PM
OMG - do they say how? Sorry, I don't read this publication.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:28 PM
aww this is so sad
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:43 PM
So sad - what happened?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:10 PM
The dogs were on the Stena-Hook of Holland to Harwich ferry & were International show dogs(been to USA UK etc)They were left in the car with the Air Con on & were found 3 hours or so later One dead & the other dying

The dog won the Group at Crufts, I think they had been over on the Ferries a good few times

So very verty sad It was last Wednesday the hottest day so far !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh ffs..... un-freakin-believable......who are these morons that would leave their dogs in a car for three bloody hours... - pass the shotgun...
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:32 PM
You don't have any choice on a ferry. Fortunately for the hundreds that pass to and from the UK and Ireland the journey is shorter. It's also a worry in rough weather and winter in sub zero temperatures and you are not allowed to visit the car deck either.
There is only one airline in Ireland to my knowledge that accepts dogs, and the max cage size is so small that anything bigger than a Papillion can't be taken.
So it's the ferry or nothing......
Heavy, coated breeds are always at risk in hot weather. Some of you will recall the Newfies that died in a Transit a few years ago, which was travelling during the hottest part of the day. We all take all reasonable precautions but sometimes that isn't enough.
My sympathies to the owners.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:13 PM
we took ben out last sunday in the car but that was for a 10 min drive. just wont risk it. i wont even take him out for a walk during the day.too hot for him hes got a thick coat.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
You don't have any choice on a ferry. Fortunately for the hundreds that pass to and from the UK and Ireland the journey is shorter. It's also a worry in rough weather and winter in sub zero temperatures and you are not allowed to visit the car deck either.
There is only one airline in Ireland to my knowledge that accepts dogs, and the max cage size is so small that anything bigger than a Papillion can't be taken.
So it's the ferry or nothing......
Heavy, coated breeds are always at risk in hot weather. Some of you will recall the Newfies that died in a Transit a few years ago, which was travelling during the hottest part of the day. We all take all reasonable precautions but sometimes that isn't enough.
My sympathies to the owners.
Deccy, I consider myself re-educated, and retract my earlier rant. The poor owners also have my sympathy.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I was on an Irish Ferries crossing from Dublin Port to Holyhead and I'm sure when I was coming back to the car I noticed Kennels. Would I be right in thinking that does anyone know?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >