Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Kennel cleaning - bleach alternatives?

Hi All!
I work at a large kennels and during the daily clean out we use bleach to remove the more stubborn stains on the (concrete) kennel floors. But now we've found out that bleach disturbs the balance of our septic tanks and we need a bio-friendly alternative that will still remove bad pee stains. Does anyone know of a good product or a company that deals with such products? Any advice would be very welcome! Many thanks in advance, Nicky Xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Im surprised you use bleach it can burn dogs feet, but I assume you swill it down well, so its probably fine.

At work we use "Trigene" to clean with and "Odogene" too, concrete is a bad surface for harbouring disease and dirt it all soaks in, so I can understand why you have been using bleach, but I dont think there is a bleach alternative that will do the same thing without the same ingredients. You could try a bit of bicarbonate of soda or biological washing powder, that may help.
Dawn.
Nicky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Borderdawn, we already use trigene, but I haven't heard of odogene before; I'll look into it, will also trial bicarb of soda! And don't worry, we jet wash all the bleach away before the dogs are let back in Thanks again Xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I knew you would rinse it well Nicki, Odogene is for the smell, it doesnt clean as such, bicarb usually does work, sometimes with a bit of lemon juice, but of course youre cleaning on a big scale so it may not be practical. Our kennels are all ceramic and quarry tiled, so we dont have your problem, good luck.
Dawn.