Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 10:14 AM

Doggies/pups teeth

OK..............something i didnt think id say but i only found out the other day............dogs lose their teeth to grow adults ones .....

i can not beleive i didnt know this

could someone please tell me when this happens!!! and what happens to the teeth !!!! :smt017
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Quite often it starts around 16 wks and theoretically goes on till 8-9mths but all mine have been finished by around 8mths.
as to what happens to the teeth, some are swallowed and pass through, some get left in toys,some get hoovered up.and some ,well some you just never seem to find any where
have to admit I have never had adog thats had a problem when teething

Jeanette
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Like humans, dogs have two sets of teeth in their lives. The 28 baby teeth erupt through the gums between the third and sixth weeks of age. Puppies do not have to grind much food, so they do not have molars. Puppy teeth begin to shed and be replaced by permanent adult teeth at about four months of age. Although there is some variation in breeds, most adult dogs have 42 teeth, with the molars coming last, at about six or seven months.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 11:18 AM
thanks for the info!! archie is 14weeks now and i noticed one of his tooth gone already!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2008, 11:37 AM
my pups tooth came out yesterday the kids wanted to put it in her bed for the tooth fairies. i told them she came and left a treat!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 11:47 AM
carlsburg had lost 3 of his teeth and i had to help by pulling out yesterday as the adult ones had come through and pushed his baby teeth to the side and they was hanging he would not eat or paly, so just pulled them out.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I am so glad og this thread, I was going to ask when they start to erupt as D is nearly 10wks now.... forgot when Jamie started getting 'big' teeth!!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
my pups tooth came out yesterday the kids wanted to put it in her bed for the tooth fairies. i told them she came and left a treat!
Awww thats really sweet.