View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2004, 10:12 AM

Pitbull Story (Sad but Needs to be Seen)

This needs to be seen, however, there are some images people may find disturbing so if you don’t think you can handle watching this please do not, for those who can it is sad but makes compelling viewing please watch through to the end, its interesting to note that pitbulls over a 7 year period are only responsible for around 1.7% of attacks………even more compelling is the fact that the Labrador and Cocker Spaniel are statistically more dangerous or likely to bite than a pitbull which is obviously based on the number of attacks yet how often do we hear of “devil Labradors or spaniels” this touches on what Inca said in another post of hers. It is true I am not justifying or vilifying any breeds here however it is interesting pits and bull breeds get such a bad unfounded reputation for what? Why do other breeds have a much better reputation but are responsible for more attacks?

You dont get a bad dog just a bad owner. Thats my opinion at least.

Some of it is not nice but the message is hard & needs to come across.

[Admin Edit: Link removed - too hot for children (already exists in adult section)]
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Those images of those poor dogs that have been savaged is heartbreaking.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Sorry, couldn't get the site to download properly (no Broadband in this neck of the woods ) - will have another go later.

As to "no bad dogs, only bad owners", I can go along with that to a large extent, but I acknowledge that there are a few "mad" dogs about, just as there are a few "mad" people!

Snorri
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Laura I thought this was an excellant video which got the message across better than anything I've seen done before, post it in as many places as you can send it to the media too, I have
It was very very moving. I expect this thread'll be moved as it's already in the adults bit and was removed from heated debates as it's too graphic for kids to see.
Take care
Kirstie
Ozzy_AmericanBulldog
Dogsey Junior

20-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Again, i agree with you Laura! It is a very heartbreaking video, but it is the truth. People need to be more aware
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 11:34 AM
I got this link off another dog forum. Those poor dogs.

This is so true, and it NEEDS to be seen. Even by the kids. Though that will offend you parents out there, the only way we can stop this is if we show our children what it is really like.

Why is it too bad for children to see? Because it shows the truth? Well, I think that if the b*****ds who do this to the dogs had seen this type of thing when they were young and still sensitive to the pain of living things they would not do this now. I have shown my 11 year old sister this, and she was affected by this. She is saying now that she never knew how bad it was, that people would do this to dogs.

Then again, this is just my opinion. But I still believe that the children should be shown this. Open their eyes while they are still young and we will solve the problem.

edit: BTW, I DID cry when I watched this.