Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 06:26 PM

advice on puppy foods

hello folks

can i have as much input as possible please ,my friend has just had a lovely lab puppy ,we were talking about puppy foods today ,what did you feed your puppy on and why ? im doing this on behalf of my friend
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I fed jess on royal canin giant puppy food as this is what the breeder gave me a bag of and after looking into it, it seemed like a good choice.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Suki- raw because she had a wheat allergy,
michael- proplan he was on iams but changed it because of the price,
ATD xxx
suecousins1@blu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Burns lamb and rice for large breed pups. Good quality and not too high in protein. Puppy not so hyper!
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Best to stick with what the pups been on to avoid tummy probs, and then when it gets a bit older take a view as to what suits your pocket and philosophy on what constitutes a good pet food!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Tyler & Megs Breeders fed Beta puppy,I'd already made my mind up that I wanted to feed Burns when they came home.
So we gradually weaned them over to it,They both did well on it,very rarely had any upset tums etc.....
I guess it's personal choice.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2007, 10:53 AM
First one was fed on pukanuba (by breeder) ...changed gradually to JWB, now fed raw
Second one was fed on JWB, (breeder) now fed raw
Third one weaned on JWB/raw (breeder) now fed raw
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2007, 11:08 AM
When we got Amber, she was eating tinned Pedigree Puppy with Asda mixer. Her stools were very green and a bit sloppy, but we thought it was probably more to do with the stress of moving (not that she ever seemed stressed - she adjusted very quickly). We had already decided, after doing some research before getting a puppy, to put her onto Pro Plan large breed puppy, and when we took her to the vets, we discussed her diet with them. It turns out our vets recommend Pro Plan, and we got a sack of it for free in our new puppy pack! So we were able to gradually reduce the Pedigree and mixer and introduce the Pro Plan, and she loves it . It's good value for money as well. A huge sack costs £36 and lasts around six - eight weeks, which worked out a lot cheaper than buying tinned puppy food and a mixer.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
exellent thank you kind dogsey peeps
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Zeita is 9 weeks old and is fed Arden Grange salmon and rice, it is what the breeders recommend and judging by their dogs it is very good stuff . You cant get it from pet shops but you can get it off the internet
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >