Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 08:39 PM

The nice side to showing

Went out to a show today just to watch with Mikki (RIO).
We were watching the pastoral classes and when the next class was called. In walked the cutest of little boys, all looking smart and talking to his little corgi and prasing it. It was an aahhhh moment as he set his dog up, knelt down by the side and was talking and stroking his companion. The lady sitting next to us was his mom and told us how he was 6, it was his first time in the ring but he wanted to have a go. With a little help and instruction from the judge and his dad lifting the dog onto the table. He got round the ring, but all the time praising his little mate. Once he had finished he sat on the floor cuddling his dog til it was time for the final look by the judge. He didn't get a place as it was a large class and for a moment he was slightly disappointed then sat next to his mom, his dog at his side. I thought he should get something for his attentiveness to his dog in the ring. To him it was all about looking after his dog and loving it. Luckily a friend of mine was stewarding in the ring. So I pulled him to one side and asked if there was spare rossette. He let me have one and I took it up to the little boy, handed it over and told him. He was the winner of the best owner in the ring and the steward had asked me to pass on the rossette. His little eyes lit up like he'd won the world, stood up and flung his arms round me saying"thank you, thank you". Being the tough cookie that I am I filled up and gave him a hug. It was all quite humbling.
How nice to see someone so young just going out there and sharing the time with his furry friend. I think he could teach a thing to some people that show that it truly is the taking part that counts.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 09:30 PM
oh how sweet is that, thought you had been at my show today sounded just like my boy.... lol

good on you for getting him some thing will make him want to come back even more and try bless him and bless you hun. xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
How wonderful is that? What a brilliant lad!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
awe...lovely, bet that wee boys still got a big grin on his face, can just see him taking his rosette to school and telling all his chums
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
That is such a great story! So sweet, nice of you to reward him like that too!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 02:03 PM
That was lovely and well done you!
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2008, 09:29 AM
It brought a tear to my eye and he was the sweetest boy who did his best and he looked so smart he put some of the other handlers to shame i do hope that he continues to handle and it was a lovely gesture what m57 did and the young lad wore his rossette with pride. Bless him
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
It brought a tear to my eye and he was the sweetest boy who did his best and he looked so smart he put some of the other handlers to shame i do hope that he continues to handle and it was a lovely gesture what m57 did and the young lad wore his rossette with pride. Bless him
It's certainly our reputations ruined Miks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Have to say reading your story brought a tear to my eye, getting to be a softy in my old age.