Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 05:12 AM

Good morning one and all - Thursday!

Morning all,

Not my best day yesterday. I put in a grievance against a certain person – gotta love karma. Let’s see what the company makes of that!

The afternoon was spent waiting for 90 minutes for an x-ray on my knees and back. I’m in a lot of pain with my legs at the moment, and the doc is trying to find out why.

Having only had one hour and 45 minutes sleep Tuesday night I slept like a log last night.

Let’s see what today brings – do your worst, I’m ready!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
I tried cooking dinner with wine last night. It didn’t go so well. After five glasses I forgot why I was even in the kitchen.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 05:48 AM
LOVE the gem!!!

Off to bed, but just wanted to wish everyone a super duper Thursday, I hope that the sun shines on you all there was alot of sadness and gloom yesterday so I am sending sunny Karma to you all!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Morning Vicki, DD and all

I hope you have a better day today Vicki and that your legs get sorted soon.

Thank you for the sunny karma, we could sure do with it atm.

I am off to my cousins later this morning to take him for lunch, my sister is coming too and we hope to clear some more rubbish from the garden. Later he has a dr's appt deep joy!

The solicitors have finally sent the account for being executors on his mums estate, nearly £13,000, they now want to have a meeting to decide what to do with the rest of it, I am not sure about this as I feel they just want to make more money, they charged £25 to answer an email! Big decisions to be made.

Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Good morning all.

The grievance was about the only route left for you to go, Vicki. It's such a lot of stress to work with someone that you really can't get on with no matter how much effort you make. Good luck with it - I hope everything is sorted out soon and that your doctor gets to the bottom of the problem you are having with your legs too.

Night, night DaisyD0g - hope you have a good night's sleep.

That bargain coat I got on Ebay. Well, it's a fantastic coat. Warm, well made and just the job, or it would be if it fit!!! Since when did 'medium' become a size 10?? A 12 would have fitted. A 14 would have been ideal for giving that extra room needed for thick winter woollies and stuffing pockets full of water bottles, poo bags and everything else, but a 10? Ah well, not such a bargain after all then.

I bought three Christmas presents yesterday . Actually, I bought them on behalf of my oldest lad. Had seen the photo mugs in a shop window for ages and thought them a good idea so got them for him to give to his neice, nephew and brother. He can't afford a lot so at £7 each they were perfect.

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day after the terrible start with flood warnings etc. The sun shone, the sky was a lovely blue and it was quite warm for autumn. One of those 'bonus' days at this time of year.

Our usual today, hopefully, if the rain stops.

Have a good 'un all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Goodness Vicki this has gone on far too long they need to move that person and now. Enough of the excuses they keep giving.
I hope they can sort your legs out. I find when I am stressed my normally manageable aches and pains become far worse. More big (((hugs))). X

The sunny karma will be much aprreciated by many DD.
Wow Gerri thats a lot of money I hope you can come to a better and cheaper conclusion.
Chris sorry the coat doesn't fit what a bl**dy nuisance.

I am contemplating going back over to mums today on my own to start going through paperwork and clearing cupboards the solicitor when I rang yesterday re: a question on a form needing filling in and returning said they hope to complete by the end of the month. If Gorden needs to be in Kazakhstan by the 1st of November I might not be available to do much when its needed. I am over tomorrow but will have Gorden with me and possibly the boys or at least one as we are bringing home some bits we wanted and they are heavy. I will probably be best on my own doing the paperwork job and cupboards plus I have Gorden around to feed Dillon at lunchtime and he isn't left on his own too much so I am more relaxed rather than stressed.
Decisions decisions.
First Dillon has to be walked and it is going to be very wet underfoot although thankfully it seems to of stopped dropping from the sky for now anyway.

Love the gem today sounds like my way of cooking especially at christmas. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
(((hugs))) Vicki, I'm glad you have put the grievance in. Hopefully now some real action will be taken against her. I can't understand how someone can keep up being so horrible for so long, what honestly goes through their mind. Hope they get to the bottom of your pains soon.
Lynn if I was you I would be sorting everything out in the house now, so that its done while Gordon is around and there is no last minute rush that would cause a lot of uneeded stress.
I had the best sleep last night I have had in years, I was so tired after being in hospital the night before and getting no sleep and from these chest pains. I am still feeling tired though and still got the chest pains so will take things slowly this morning till I go to work.
Hope you all have a good day, take care.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

I can't believe me and Zena didn't wake up until 8.10 that's unheard of in this house Now I feel awful, feel like I've had a night on the tiles having overslept like that. It's going to take me a while to come round now

At last Vicki, this might get something done about you know who, I hope they are on your side with this, and I'm absolutely loving your morning gems atm, have you got a new book you get them from coz I want it #

You're not having much luck on the shopping front are you Chris, but it'll be ok for the summer when you can just wear a t-shirt underneath it I suppose Hopefully you can send it back? Blimey Gerry, that's one hefty old solicitor's bill isn't it Good luck at sorting out your mum's stuff up at the house Lynn, I remember when we had to do that for my mum but we only had one day all the drawers were jam packed full, 25 years of paperwork, I hope you don't have the same, but it's so much better to be able to do this whilst we still have them here. Night night to you Debbie and thanks for the karma sunshine but it's not working for me

Dave home tonight, so another 4 days of turmoil heading our way at the house but it'll soon be over.

Heavy rain overnight, not looking forward to wading my way through those woods up those hills, it's slippery and hard going in these conditions, but at least Zena's little stream will be full and fast flowing I can at least wash my boots off in there whilst she has her bath

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Can't send it back, Helena, but I think my daughter might bag it

It's got a heavy fleece lining so no good for summer. They sell at well over a hundred quid and I got it for £17 including the postage and there really isn't a mark on it. Me thinks my daughter will love it . It really was exactly what I was looking for and I guess the person that sold it had the same problem I had. I looked up the sizing on the Schott site after I got it and saw that their medium is a 10 (how stupid is that?), but the seller was a little naughty because although she said it was a Schott medium, she had photo'd it on a size 14 hanger which sorta gave the impression to thickos like me that it was bigger.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Morning all,

Hopefully things get sorted out for you Vicki.

I was so drained yesterday that I ended up doing absolutely nothing at all apart from dishes. I felt so exhausted. Thankfully I feel marginally better today so planning a walk with Dougal and perhaps we will finally go swimming tonight. After that, dunno, no cadets tonight so don't have to worry about that.

Have a nice day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Good afternoon Cuz xxxx

(((((hugs))))) and go an get um' girl

Wet day here although not raining Patrick has a day off and is off christmas shopping in abit for the grand kids pressies.

Not doing alot of anything else today

Have a great day folks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >