View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Dog food without the following ............

I was wondering what food I could feed my dogs at the moment they have Lily's kitchen and absolutely love it. Raw is not a option as they guard and fight over it more than eat it. The reason I ask the question is I have just had hair analysis done on them both and I now have a long list of allergies for them both and a lot of what is in Lily's kitchen for eg they are allergic to apples blueberries strawberries sunflower oil olive oil cheese lentils quinoa pork tuna wheat yeast garlic squash rosemary and the list goes on any ideas guys of dog foods I may be able to give them thanks in advance for any help
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2014, 10:28 AM
What allergies do they exhibit that you had to have a hair analysis done for? And from that list of supposed allergens, some of those things cannot possibly cause allergies.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2014, 10:29 AM
First of all, did you have the hair test done because they were showing signs of an allergic reaction to something.
Sorry Malka, we must have both posted at the same time, that was my line of thinking as well!!
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I had it done for a few reasons one just for curiosity and 2 my male dog shows signs of grass allergy he goes very red feet biting ect at this time of year and the test states he's allergic to certain flowers. My girl on the other hand gets intermittent hot spots and has unexplained blood in her urine lots of tests at vets with no outcome I'm sure I could keep them on the same food with no real detrimental effects but they are very spoilt and I would like to give them the best from any research I do lol thanks for your replies
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I do hope that the hair analysis did not cost too much Kat, as I am afraid that it has been a waste of money. There is no scientific way hair analysis can show food allergies.

Yes, in humans hair analysis can show if a person has consumed arsenic and other poisons, but foods? Not that I have ever come across, and I know enough about food allergens from studying possible food triggers for canine epilepsy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Here's a couple I've been researching and I know they're OK because I know people who use them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WOLFSBLUT-Tr...blood+dog+food
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taste-Wild-P...te+of+the+wild

I agree with Malka on this one though. I would feed raw anyway if I were you, I have 4 very big dogs and they don't fight, they have their own order of feeding and I adhere to that and each one attends to their own dish and then they all swop round and lick each other's bowl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2014, 11:30 AM
And Taste Of The Wild contains fruit and vegetables, no doubt some of which, according to the hair analysis are allergens.

Incidentally, both TOTW and Blue Mountain are used by many people with epi dogs, due to the lack of most allergens and triggers.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Short of feeding the dogs on fresh air I can't really see a way forward on this one if the results of the hair tests are believable, which to me they're not.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the responses I would have to closely supervise raw as my dogs have had a fight resulting in a vet trip. A friend of mine had her dog done who was very red and itchy she cut out all they recommended and the dog has turned a corner but I agree I need to be realistic and not go over the top with stopping them having things as they are showing no major problems
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Feed one in a crate or in another room perhaps
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >