Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 03:35 PM

backs and cramps!

to all you guys out there,im sure im not the only one with serious abck trouble,and i wonder how you all cope,i keep getting cramp and at the minute im sitting sideways making it hard to type,with my painfull cramped up leg,iv had a operation to remove discs and injections to help with pain,that put me on walking sticks for weeks and back to square one,but i manage quite hard with my dogs and couldnt give them up for the world its my body thats no good,not my brain, it takes a lot of looking after and if it wasnt for my two elder girls i prob couldnt keep all my dogs,and the thought is heart breaking,however has any one tips to stop the cramps,thanks xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry you're in pain honey. I have a recurring back problem, and mine's currently giving me some pain. Hopefully some strong painkillers will batter it into submission. Hope you feel better soon - I know exactly what you're going through xox
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 04:09 PM
ahhhh thanx xx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I have back trouble too, [ which I`ve been moaning about incessantly the lat few days ]. I put two discs out when I was 14 and have had to be aware of being careful ever since, This time though, I had`nt done anything wrong movement wise, it just went on me last Thursday.
I was supposed to have physio when it first happened, which of course being a stroppy teenager I did`nt go for, but have since learned that when a doc says rest the doc really means rest

So the only time I`ve spent online has been literally while waiting for the kettle to boil or the crew to go in the garden, [ luckily its a huge garden so they can have a good charge around to make up for my lack of walking ability at the moment ], so when I have to get up I sit at the PC then I get back to laying down and resting my back.
I`ve only been bad once and that was today to take Gremlin for her booster and to put some pole rests on my agility jumps but I`ve rationed out how much time to spend on those and am sticking to it.

In other words, rest is the most important thing, not battling through the pain because that will just prolongue it. Better to take it easy and get yourself in as comfortable a position as you can to ease it than keep pushing yourself - if I`d followed that advise when I was younger instead of refusing to give in to the pain, I probably would not be suffering now
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 04:37 PM
To zoeybeau and vicki i
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I to suffer with back problems after falling down the stairs and breaking the bottom of my spine. This was many years ago and i still get bouts of pain. As for the cramp I get that in my feet and legs mainly when I am in bed or have been standing too long. I have tried crampex tablets but they didnt seem to do anything. I have it for about a week and then it goes for a week and then back again. I am sorry but I still havent found a cure so I will be watching this thread and hoping someone has the answer. I do use a hot water bottle on my back when it is really bad tho and that does seem to help ease it.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a spinal condition (Crumbling of the spine) I have to live with it, the only thing i have been offered is strong pain killers and physio, but i can't do physio cause it makes it worse

I take Tramadol with Diclofenac 4 times a day.

I hope you find something that helps soon X
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
im on morphine patches and co-coadmol,and lyrica,the latter for nerve pain,the burning the tingling,the pins and needles,sitting down really does aggrevate it so uasally when i get down i stay down till i have to get up, the walking stick helps,i had physio,acupunture,you name it i had it,short of punching the doctors in bad temper of in this day and age when miricales can be preformed in open heart surgery all the can do is dish out tablets for pain,there nothing else that can be done it dispairs me,to think i could live to be 80 or older id rather despair at the fact of 40 more years of this idont think so,FIX me.

and the heat makes it worse so summer argh.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Just found a website for a registered charity which helps people with back pain problems, they have fact sheets and info pages and a number to call, I wondered if they might be able to help you ?

http://www.backpain.org/index2.php
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 07:36 AM
What an absolute nightmare! Have you tried remedial massage? If not, that should be worth a try, though be warned, it ain't as relaxing as it sounds - hurts like f**k at times!!! Clearly you need to find somebody really good who understands back trouble, preferably through a GPs reference. Also, when you're allowed to move again () what about trying Pilates...?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >