Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2022, 09:36 AM

Good morning (Boxing day) 2022.

Good morning everyone I hope you had a lovely day yesterday and received all you wanted or needed.
Being with family is the best present if you all get on of course.

Today is my day to host. Mark, Lauren and Freya will be here around 11.30 to 12.00 and I am not like a headless chicken this year running around due to all my prepping of veggies and freezing them.
Just the belly of pork slowly cooking in the oven.
Joel has said he will message today but I'm not sure he will even though I asked for him to let me know his money arrived in his bank.
Whether he has messaged Mark I am also doubting, I will ask today if he did. I did ask him to drop Mark a message as Mark would like to know if he wants money for Christmas or is there some thing he needs.
Still I know he is well and he has had his Christmas money. Michael was saying even if him and Mark had disagreements about needing to get into the system etc., he has no need to ignore his dad totally. All young people have disagreements and unless he was being horribly abused which he wasn't for one thing he towers over Mark and Mark certainly isn't like that there is no excuse.
As Helen used to say hey ho nothing else to be done and just be there if he ever needs us.

griff what a nightmare with the cooker. Hope dinner went well despite the problem and that it's not been too bad having your brother there with the dogs.
Sue I hope you had a lovely day and that the extra chairs worked out well and you sat safely to enjoy your dinner.
Is Christmas very different here to Brazil and how did the girls and other Nan find the day ?
brenda I hope you had a nice day. Was it a quiet one for you ?
I think it might have been.
Kazz I hope you had a lovely day also.

Happy Boxing day everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2022, 10:33 AM
It only happens once a year and today it has happened to Sue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Happy Birthday Sue. Xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2022, 11:21 AM
Good morning Lynn hope your family day goes well. You can only do your best with Joel but at least you know he is ok. Thank you for your birthday wishes.

Hope dinner went well Kelly despite the oven not behaving

Yesterday went well I think. We managed very well to eat round the table. The girls enjoyed their presents mostly but like all children a few grumbles about not having something else. Little Sarah enjoyed the birthday cake the best, she is a chocoholic, so a chocolate cake went down well Mum joined on whats app for the candle lighting and the singing which was lovely. Unfortunately she got over tired so had a meltdown just before going home but nothing that sleep won't fix. They are back today apparently sometime and want a walk on the beach

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday and those who have been ill were well enough.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2022, 12:01 PM
Afternoon all
Happy birthday sue
Lynn, I am so sorry about Joel....as your some said.... absolutely no need.
Dinner was nice, missed seeing Steve and Molly and the dogs are o.k with Andrew.
Didn't sleep as apparently I kept him awake coughing on Christmas eve so I stayed awake last night. I am knackered, think it's pleurisy as I have an awful pain by my shoulder blade.
Mum will make them dinner and I will just have a sandwich
Brenda, I don't like bubble and squeak, I used to but can only assume it's because it's fried....I only eat fried onions now, I am a bit odd lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Good afternoon all cracking breakfast this morning and a nice walk afterwards some gone on for retail therapy. some home some who knows where but I came home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Good evening everyone.
We have had a lovely day and some lovely presents.
I had a lovely book they had made about being a nanny and I was beginning to tear up then there was a mention of Dillon and I lost it.
We also had from the 4 of them an experience box its a break away we can go away in the UK or Europe.
Joel hasn't contacted Mark.

So glad everyone had a lovely day yesterday except for getting into trouble over coughing which cannot be helped.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2022, 09:25 PM
Awwww, Lynn, what a beautiful thoughtful gift the book is! I am very very sorry about Joel, he needs to realise how short life is and how quickly things change.....I would give anything for one more conversation with my nan or grandad.
Steve tested again today, still positive and the line darker than the first day he texted and came up quicker too. I won't be able to see him for new year now either....he has to avoid me for 10 days after the first day he tested positive.
New neighbours have been around with wine and bhajis.....I have no idea what has been said about us but they obviously worry when there's noise.....I will pop a thank you card through and just say that they aren't to worry about anything
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2022, 09:44 PM
That was a lovely gesture griff and maybe they have realised what awful people they were and are showing you that you have nothing to worry about.
Sorry to hear about Steve.
It is a sad situation about Joel and both Mark and Lauren were cross that he got in touch when money was mentioned and surprised we sent it.
He is still our Grandson and I am cross with hom the way he is treating his dad, but I still need him to know we care, if that means us being the 3rd party the so be it.
I haven't heard from him again so I'm guessing we won't and he won't visit.
We shall see.

Just looked at our smart gift box properly and we get a 2 night stay in the UK or Europe.
The book I have learnt Mark and Lauren wrote and had it printed so everything in there are their thoughts and observations about me being Freya's nanny so makes it even more lovely.
Mark contacted Gorden and asked if I talk about Dillon to Freya and he replied yes.
So the words are when you talk about Dillon your eyes light up.
So many lovely words about so many things we do together.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2022, 10:15 PM
Lynn how totally thoughtful and unique, have you ever seen these, I got one for my Dad and Mom and they spent hours writing their childhood and memories in them both enjoyed them you can get them for Mom Dad Nan Grandad etc etc but this is grandmother one you can get them for grandchild etc sure you will suss it out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grandmother...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >